Grades: 1-12 | 14 students
- The Center on Deafness, a not for profit Illinois Corporation, began serving the deaf and hard of hearing community nearly thirty years ago and has only one mission, to serve both children and adults who have hearing impairments with additional handicapping conditions such as mental illness or developmental disabilities.
- We are only one of a few organizations in the country that serves only the deaf and hard of hearing population with additional disabilities.
- Since its inception, the Center has had as its purpose the treatment and rehabilitation of clients who are deaf or hard of hearing, along with other disabilities, with return to the community at large or integration into the community with assistance as the goal for each client.
- Residential services for adults and students are based in the community using apartments, townhouses and homes to create a less restrictive more normal environment.
- An experienced staff trained in the area of deafness and fluent in the use of sign language provides treatment, life skills training, and vocational and social skills training to clients.
- Qualified, certified and licensed social work, psychiatric, nursing, vocational and educational staffs are part of the team that provides service to the population.
- The Center contracts with the only hospital psychiatric unit for the deaf in the State of Illinois should hospitalization be required for clients.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChicagoGrades: 1-12 | 94 students
3145 W Pratt Blvd
Chicago, IL 60645
HillsideGrades: 1-12 | 97 students
4100 Warren Ave
Hillside, IL 60162
NorthbrookGrades: PK-11 | 30 students
3210 Dundee Rd
Northbrook, IL 60062
ChicagoGrades: NS | 19 students
1850 W Roosevelt Rd
Chicago, IL 60608
PalatineGrades: 2-12 | 60 students
865 E Wilmette Rd
Palatine, IL 60074
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.