Grades: 7-12 | 56 students
- Chamberlain Academy is a Residential Treatment Center, licensed by the South Dakota Department of Social Services to provide treatment for males and females between the ages of 13 to 18.
- Chamberlain Academy provides solutions for developing productive lives for youth who may otherwise turn to self-destructing behaviors.
- Our Challenge is to offer a nurturing environment where respect and education are highly valued.
- At the Chamberlain Academy treatment programming places primary importance on thinking and behavioral change.
- Chamberlain Academy focuses on critical thinking, social/life skills, emotional literacy/management, empathy training, vocational training, and career development and education advancement.
- The primary emphasis is to teach the young people the skills necessary to be successful.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChamberlainGrades: 1-8 | 154 students
Po Box 89
Chamberlain, SD 57325
MillerGrades: K-12 | 92 students
400 Sunshine Dr
Miller, SD 57362
New HollandGrades: PK-8 | 57 students
Po Box 19
New Holland, SD 57364
CorsicaGrades: PK-12 | 105 students
37614 Sd Highway 44
Corsica, SD 57328
PierreGrades: 1-6 | 9 students
1206 E Robinson Avenue
Pierre, SD 57501
great school. i would recommend it for most troubled students. The teachers are great. the life learning skills they taught me really helped out when i turned into a adult. its a clean sanitary enviroment.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - htchi
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.