Grades: 1-8 | 24 students
- Boys & Girls Village is a not-for-profit agency serves at-risk children and families in Connecticut.
- Our Mission has remained much the same through the years since our founding in 1942 as the original "Boys Village." Yes, a lot has changed in our society and world since the dark days of World War II on a then-rural western New Haven County farm in Milford where we began.
- Today, Boys & Girls Village is a 3 not-for-profit agency licensed by the Connecticut Department of Children and Families for our residential and therapeutic treatment components, and by the Connecticut Department of Education for our Day School for children with special educational needs.
- Referrals are received from DCF, managed care companies and from public school systems.
- The clients of Boys & Girls Village are children in crisis or children with learning difficulties who have experienced rejection, failure or abuse.
- Through the years, the agency has evolved into a leading therapeutic and learning facility offering residential shelter, clinical, after-school, counseling, special educational, foster & adoptive programs, family support services, and day programs for children and their families.
- The agency is funded by DCF and other state sources, insurers under managed care contracts, local communities and school systems, and by voluntary contributions from individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Boys & Girls Village serves children and families throughout Connecticut from our main campus in Milford, Connecticut, and through community offices located in Bridgeport and Waterbury.
- Boys & Girls Village offers a continuum of programs for boys, girls and their families.
- These services provide the most intensive intervention and care in the least restrictive environments - in the home and community.
- Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, as well as other community providers.
- We at Boys & Girls Village are committed to improving the future of our children, while helping families and communities to grow and thrive.
- By healing the wounds of today, we are creating a better world for tomorrow.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.