- Charlottesville Catholic School is a nationally recognized school offering Pre-K through 8th grade curriculum and welcoming to all faiths.
- Charlottesville Catholic School provides a rich and challenging curriculum in a community rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the Traditions of the Catholic Church.
- The school nurtures students' God-given gifts, cultivates a life-long thirst for knowlege, and prepares students to embrace their world through lives of faith, service, and leadership.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005, 2014|
|Total Students||354 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,100|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K morning program only will be $5,200. Multiple Child Tuition Aid, Financial Aid, and Scholarships are available.|
|Admissions Director||Katrina Kuhn|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Boy Scouts of America, Chess Club, Field Hockey, Girl Scouts, Jam Band, Lego Robotics Club, Rosary Club, Soccer, Stock Market Game, Tennis, Worship Choir Chess Club, Field Hockey, Girl Scouts, Jam Band, Rosary Club, Soccer, Tennis, Worship Choir, Boy Scouts of America,
Lego Robotics Club,
Stock Market Game,
- At Charlottesville Catholic School, our fundamental task is educating the whole person by integrating Christian values with learning in daily life. Recognizing the uniqueness and individuality of children, we guide them to discover and develop their God-given gifts.
- Charlottesville Catholic School is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the National Catholic Education Association (NCEA). Charlottesville Catholic was awarded the National Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence in Education in 2005 and again in 2014 by the US Department of Education. Our students consistently rank amoung the highest in the country on standardized tests. We are proud that most of our graduates move on to perform in advanced level courses with the top 10% of high school students.
- A faith filled education begins with the family and grows through the community. School famiiles are encouraged to participate in weekly liturgies and in a variety of community service efforts. Recognizing that our community extends beyond Charlottesville Catholic School to our local parishes, our students often serve in parish choirs and as altar servers. Additionally, Charlottesville Catholic students do have to meet a required number of service hours, which can be achieved through classroom and school wide community service initiatives, as well as through outside organizations and events. The school consistently strives to increase the number of hours given back to the community every year, and has reached nearly 7,000 hours this past year!
- Charlottesville Catholic School is a regional Catholic School under the supervision of the Office of Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Richmond, and follows the policies and direction of the Diocese of Richmond.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AftonGrades: KG-10 | 41 students
9357 Critzers Shop Road
Afton, VA 22920
TroyGrades: PK-6 | 89 students
Po Box 970
Troy, VA 22974
CharlottesvilleGrades: NS-12 | 830 students
2132 Ivy Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
CharlottesvilleGrades: 5-12 | 217 students
279 Tandem Lane
Charlottesville, VA 22902
175 Hickory St
Charlottesville, VA 22902