- Creativity! Character! Confidence! Chesapeake Academy is an independent school that offers students in preschool through fifth grade an invigorating education that celebrates intellect and imagination.
- Expanded opportunities in science, fine and performing arts, Spanish, techology are integrated into curriculum.
- Our families value education.
- Our vibrant supportive community, with a focus on young learners, brings out the best in children.
- Well prepared for their next educational experience, our students advance to top independent and public middle schools and, beyond that, to highly rated high schools and colleges.
- See our introductory video: http://www.youtube.com/user/chesacad1185.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(navy / plaid / green uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Payment plans / financial aid / scholarships|
|Admissions Director||Sue Richburg|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AnnapolisGrades: NS-12 | 698 students
534 Hillsmere Drive
Annapolis, MD 21403
AnnapolisGrades: PK-5 | 266 students
74 Greenbury Point Rd
Annapolis, MD 21402
SevernGrades: PK-12 | 908 students
109 Burns Crossing Road
Severn, MD 21144
Glen BurnieGrades: NS-8 | 421 students
308 Oak Manor Dr
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
AnnapolisGrades: NS-8 | 135 students
30 Old Mill Bottom Road North
Annapolis, MD 21409
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.