Grades: NS | 19 students
- The Chicago Lighthouse was founded in 1906 by a group of women volunteers, both blind and sighted, working out of the basement of a doctor's home offering clothing and food to Chicagoan who were blind, many of them homeless.
- Since then, the Chicago Lighthouse has evolved into the most comprehensive private rehabilitation and educational facility in the nation dedicated to assisting children, youth and adults who are blind, visually impaired or multi-disabled.
- Chicago Lighthouse Industries a state-of-the-art manufacturer of high quality products for the commercial and government markets.
- CLI has been producing precision Wall Clocks for over 25 years and today offers a wide selection to meet your every need, including custom clocks.
- Our clocks are available through a network wholesale distributors and our national network of representatives can be easily accessed to assist you.
- We also produce a fine line of Custom Erasable Custom Wall Planners/Calendars, Wall Thermometers and Impact Printer Ribbon Cartridges.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Full theraputic Day School|
|Total Students||19 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChicagoGrades: PK-10 | 14 students
710 W 61st Place
Chicago, IL 60621
Arlington HeightsGrades: 2-8 | 17 students
2525 E Oakton St
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
ChicagoGrades: K-12 | 47 students
520 N Marshfield Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
Des PlainesGrades: 4-12
1150 N River Rd
Des Plaines, IL 60016
PalatineGrades: 1-12 | 98 students
909 E Wilmette Rd Ste F
Palatine, IL 60074
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.