Grades: NS-6 | 281 students
Christ The King Catholic School provides a quality Catholic education supported by the family, the teacher, the parish, and the community and makes a commitment to meet the needs of the academic, physical, social, and spiritual development of each student in a Christ-centered environment.
Our goal is to teach the Gospel message, to build a faith community, to worship God and be of Christian service.
Christ the King Catholic School follows the Diocese of Little Rock Curriculum Guidelines regarding basic materials, specific courses, and time allotments.
A planned instructional program leads to discovering and developing the abilities of each individual student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||281 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
- Increase in diversity:30% diversity consisting of Hispanic, Asian, African-American, American-Indian
- 82% Catholic and 18% Non-Catholic
- Test scores on standardized testsStanford 10 consistently score in or near top 15% in national school norms
- StaffAverage of 12 years of serviceHigh percentage hold advanced degrees
- Collaborative staff: committees work on areas to develop and enrich school programs and community life; staff has high level of service in the community
- Educational program: emphasis on balanced curriculum; Religion:prayer, service, worship, scripture; Specials- 18 month through 6th grade participate in all specials including Spanish, Art, Music, Library, and PE, Technology; STEM- Problem Based Learning; Technology: 1 to 1 iPads in 4th-6th grades / iPad cart for K-3, iPads for children with identified learning challenges, Smart boards in grades 2-6, 25 station desktop technology lab, Outdoor classroom
- Student Life/Extracurriculars: Choir, Chess Club, BOB, Student Council, Cheerleading, Basketball, Baseball, Tennis, Running Club, Quiz Bowl
- Monthly Christian service projects to benefit local community
- Mentoring of upper grades to lower grades
- Families: PTO and volunteer committees, Advancement Board, Trust and Endowment Board, School Board
- Community Involvement: monthly service projects, UAFS interns, FSPS- Title services/speech, FNB’s $ and Sense, Mercy in Motion
- Work with other Catholic schools for PD and events
- Traditions: Spring Carnival, Endless Summer Party, Music programs for K-3 and 4-6, Happy Birthday, Jesus, School Prayer Walk, Grandparents Day/Book Fair, Tents, Trunks, and Treats
- ASC and Summer Care Program
- Strong alumni base
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015