Grades: NS-8 | 151 students
- Clayton Child Center (www.claytonchildcenter.org) provides an exceptional, education-based child care and preschool experience to children ages 6 weeks to five years of age. The organization also operates Clayton Academy (www.claytonacademy.org), a K-8 school that educates and inspires students with unique and different styles of learning to reach their fullest potential.
- The staff at both schools provide a balanced education through developmentally appropriate individualized teaching in small class settings.
- Students develop a positive self-image, a strong academic foundation of cognitive, social and physical skills essential for life success.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Independent Schools Association of the Central States|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild to moderate learning disabilities, attention disorders, and/or related social or language issues.|
|Total Students||151 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admissions Director||Barbara E. Geno, Ed.D.|
- Clayton Child Center (www.claytonchildcenter.org) offers full-day and part-time care for children ages 6 weeks to five years of age. The infant center and the preschool are fully accredited as independent, private schools by ISACS (Independent Schools Association of the Central States). Clayton Academy (www.claytonacademy.org) is an independent, school for students in grades K-8 with unique and different styles of learning. The Board of Clayton Child Center, Inc., decided to open open Clayton Academy in 1991 after recognizging that many children of average or superior intelligence were struggling to learn reading, writing, spelling, math, and/or self-management skills when taught with traditional teaching methods. When students come to Clayton Academy, we reject the concept that they are “disabled” from learning. We have found that children at Clayton Academy learn at high levels when their learning differences are matched by corresponding teaching strategies. The mission of Clayton Academy is to educate and inspire students with unique and different styles of learning to realize their true potential. Our goal is to fully develop each student’s self-confidence by providing a small, nurturing learning environment with instruction tailored to each student's academic, social, and emotional needs. Class sizes are kept to ten students or less. Our student population includes students in kindergarten through the eighth grade with or without a diagnosis of a mild to moderate learning disability, attention disorder, autism spectrum disorder and related language and social difficulties.
Profile last updated: 09/21/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Saint LouisGrades: KG-12 | 282 students
4257 Magnolia Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63110
Saint LouisGrades: PK-6 | 396 students
6235 Wydown Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63105
HazelwoodGrades: PK-6 | 131 students
7200 Howdershell Rd
Hazelwood, MO 63042
Saint LouisGrades: PK-8 | 215 students
10015 Lance Dr
Saint Louis, MO 63137
OlivetteGrades: PK-8 | 176 students
9733 Olive Blvd
Olivette, MO 63132
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.