- We are a non-profit private school that specializes in educating children with Autism Spectrum Disorders, as well as related disorders of learning.
- Our governing body is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charity foundation.
- This foundation and Clear Horizons Academy, serve the whole community by holding educational trainings on Autism, providing money for research.
- and working with other educational organizations serving students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Students ages 3-15 from multiple counties attend our school.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-10|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism and related disorders of learning and communication|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is calculated via a sliding scale, based on income and number of dependents per family. Call for more information.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Sarah Kaer|
- WHAT MAKES CLEAR HORIZONS ACADEMY UNIQUE?
- We are the only non-profit private school in Utah County that specializes in teaching children with Autism Spectrum Disorders above a preschool age. We are also the only private school in all of utah that uses the DIR Model as a foundation to our educational philosophy and approach. The DIR Model encourages a developmentally-appropriate, individualized program for each child that is relationship-based and includes many other therapies which a child may need to succeed.
- We strongly encourage parent involvement and encourage them to be a core part of their child's educational progress.
- WHAT IS OUR APPROACH?
- Our approach is a relationship-based learning environment which is individualized to each child with goals determined on their own developmental levels. With this individuality, we incorporate many additional practices the child may need, such as Sensory Integration, Errorless Learning, PECS and other visual communication systems, and other therapy programs. We also work closely with parents as a team to help the child progress. Team meetings held every other week allow us to consistently help to keep the child on the right educational path.
- WHAT DOES OUR CURRICULUM LOOK LIKE?
- Being a state certified school under the Carson Smith Scholarship legislation, we teach academic subjects on an individual basis or in small groups. We reinforce learning through various activities, such as dramatic play, music, motor play, etc. Every child learns differently. The general curricular guidelines are set by the state, but how the instruction is presented to each child is based on his/her individual needs.
- WHAT DOES OUR TUITION LOOK LIKE?
- Tuition for each child varies, as it is income-based, on both household income and the number of other children in the home. Part of the tuition may include the Carson Smith Special Education Scholarship (Utah state funding) if the child qualifies. In addition, the school and its governing foundation hold many fund raising events and otherwise collect donations from the general public, corporations, and other generous charities and foundations to provide financial assistance through partial scholarships. We work hard to make it affordable for every family. VISIT US ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ClearHorizonsAcademy