Grades: 9-12 | 183 students
- Community High School is a truly unique program, constantly adjusting to changing educational demands and to the needs of our population.
- Through small group instruction and innovative teaching, Community High School exposes students to the wide range of information and activities available in the educational mainstream.
- Community High School offers students a complete high school curriculum in the areas of English, literature, mathematics, history and science.
- Additional course work is provided to all students, especially those preparing for college.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||183 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Toby Braunstein|
|Admissions Associate||Michele Barretta|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
JamaicaGrades: PK-12 | 157 students
8989 Van Wyck Expy
Jamaica, NY 11435
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 663 students
111 E 164th St
Bronx, NY 10452
BronxGrades: 7-12 | 820 students
4300 Murdock Ave
Bronx, NY 10466
New YorkGrades: 4-12 | 235 students
126 West 17th Street
New York, NY 10011
RidgewoodGrades: 8-12 | 79 students
14 Hope St
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.