|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||716 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||92 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||26 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||2-D Design, 3-D Design, American History, American Literature, Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science, English, English Lang & Comp, English/Comp, Enviromental Science, European History, French, Goverment, Goverment & Politics, Goverment/Civics, History, Human Geography, Macro Economics, Mathematics, Micro Economics, Music Theory, Physics, Physics C, Psychology, Spanish, Spanish Literature, Statistics, StudioArt, World History|
|Average SAT score||1817|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Collared shirt and shorts, jeans or Khaki)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,360|
|Tuition Notes||2015/2016 Tuition: PK3 - Half Day: $7,110 PK3 - Full Day: $12,915 Grades PK4-K: $18,270 Grades 1-3: $18,780 Grades 4-5: $20,930 Grades 6-8: $22,010 Grades 9-12: $25,360 PK3 Program 5 or 3|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tricia Helenbolt|
|Admissions Associate||Franchesca Gannon|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic World Quest, Clubs, Ecology Club, Harvard Model Congress, Investment Business Club, Scholar Bowl, See List at http://www.communityschoolnaples.org/page.cfm?p=1925, Service organizations Clubs, Ecology Club, Scholar Bowl, Academic World Quest,
Harvard Model Congress,
Investment Business Club,
See List at http://www.communityschoolnaples.org/page.cfm?p=1925,
- CSN at a Glance ·
- Founded in 1982 ·
- 65% of faculty has masters or doctorate degree
- Community School of Naples is a premier college preparatory, co-educational independent school serving students in Pre-K3 through Grade 12. CSN provides an ideal setting in which today's children can learn, grow and develop into the kind of responsible and responsive self-starters the new millennium is seeking.
- Our Program:
- * Superior college preparation with 100% of seniors attending select four-year college and universities
- * Fully accredited by the Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS) and a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- * Computer Science, Art, Music, Physical Education and Foreign Language instruction begin in Pre-K taught by specialists in these areas.
- * International student services provided
- * 14 sports and 43 teams offered to grades 6-12
- CSN’s 70 college-bound graduates of the Class of 2012 received 286 acceptances from 127 selective colleges and universities and earned more than $5 million in scholarships.
- The year's acceptances included all 8 Ivy League schools!
- Four seniors have been named 2012-2013 National Merit Semifinalists.
- Six of CSN's seniors were named National Merit Scholarship Finalists for 2012.
- One student received a corporate-sponsored National Merit Scholarship, and 3 others received scholarships funded by the National Merit Scholarship organization, an award extended to only 2500 students nationwide.
- A member of CSN's Class of 2011 and a member of the Class of 2013 earned perfect scores on their SAT - 800 in reading, mathematics and writing! Only 20 students per million earn this distinction.
- More than 70% of seventh grade students taking the ERB Test qualify for the Duke University Talent Identification Program and are invited to take the SAT test.
- Seven students scored well enough to receive State Recognition and one received Grand Recognition in 2012.
- For the past nine years, approximately 85% of our students’ scores in grades 2-8 were average to above average on the independent norms of the ERB CTP4 standardized test.
- A CSN fifth-grader was awarded High Honors from the Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth in the International Mathematics and Verbal Talent Search. As a third-grader this same student finished "Top in the Country" on the University's SCAT Quantitative Test.
- CSN is the only local school to partner with Columbia University’s Teachers College Reading and Writing Project. As a Project School, CSN uses Teachers College acclaimed Writing Workshop framework in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade, and Columbia University’s staff developers work with CSN’s teachers to implement the latest literacy techniques.
- CSN currently offers 26 AP courses and three post-AP courses.
- Academic Teams & Clubs·
- The CSN Upper School offers a total of 22 clubs ranging from more traditional co-curricular activities such as Mu Alpha Theta and Model UN to service oriented clubs such as Key Club.
- Of these 22 clubs, nine were student initiated.
- The Middle School MATHCOUNTS teams earned the right to represent Collier, Lee, Charlotte, Hendry and Desoto counties for the 26th consecutive year at theState Convention. They won the regional competition in February 2013.
- CSN's Mock Trial team finished 2nd in the State in March 2012, the third consecutive year that CSN went to the state finals.
- CSN’s Academic Team was named #1 in the state at the 2011 Knowledge Masters Open and took top honors in February 2012, for the third consecutive year, at the county-wide Scholar Bowl Tournament.
- CSN's JV Academic Team won the Collier County JV Scholar Bowl Tournament in April, 2012.
- For the second consecutive year, CSN finished in first place at the Academic World Quest, the Collier County high school competition sponsored by the Naples Council on World Affairs (NCWA).
- A Community School of Naples Programming Team took 2nd place at the 2012 Florida International University - ACM High School Programming Competition, in March, 2012.
- The French Congrès Team finished 2nd in the IA Division of schools for 2011-2012.
- After being named 4th in the National Semifinalist contest, a team of 2 Community School of Naples’ juniors was ranked 4th in the National Finals of the national civil engineering contest held at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. The Community School team placed 4th from among more than 6,000 qualifying teams and 25,000 original designs. (2011) In 2012, two teams of CSN students finished 10th and 12th of 7,500 in the 11th Annual West Point Bridge Design contest.
- CSN art students annually participate in student exhibitions at the Naples Museum of Art, The von Liebig Art Center and the Art League.
- heir work is frequently chosen for recognition, most recently in April, 2012, when three students received scholarship awards from the Art League, Marco Island’s Center for the Arts.
- CSN is one of just a few elementary schools in the state to offer string instrument instruction to 2nd and 3rd graders.
- Middle School music electives include Jazz Band, Steel Band, String Orchestra, and Choruses.
- Upper School ensembles perform throughout the community and participate in Florida All State Music programs.
- CSN’s G&L Theater is home to the professional regional theatre company, TheatreZone, who brings world class actors to our campus, and provides master classes and coaching for CSN students.
- CSN's Upper School Drama teacher, Mark Danni, is one of five leaders in the Naples arts community to receive the prestigious 2011 Stars in the Arts Award from the United Arts Council of Collier County. The first teacher to receive this award, Danni is the founding artistic director of TheatreZone, a professional Equity theater company that performs in CSN's G&L Theater.
- Student-athletes at Community School of Naples won 8 district team titles and 3 regional team titles in 2011-2012.
- For the 2012-2013 school year to date, CSN has won 8 district team titles.
- The Boys Varsity Golf team were 2012 district and regional champions and Runner-ups in the State tournament
- Girls Varsity Basketball team advanced to the State Semifinals in Lakeland for the 4th year in a row.
- They've won the State Championship twice in the past 4 years.
- At the conclusion of the Fall Sports season, the CSN Athletic Department was ranked 5th in the state in our classification for our overall Athletic Program's success through the FHSAA's Sunshine All Sport Cup. The boys program is currently ranked 1st in the state for our classification.
- Final standings will be announced in June.
- CSN is proud to have 18 Triple Crown Award recipients for the 2011-2012 school year. The Triple Crown Award recognizes student-athletes that earned a minimum of three Varsity in a single school year.
- In April, 2013, the girls tennis team finished their season as District Champions and the boys team finished as District Runner-up. http://www.communityschoolnaples.org/page.cfm?p=359
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NaplesGrades: NS-12 | 409 students
7100 Davis Boulevard
Naples, FL 34104
NaplesGrades: PK-12 | 224 students
14785 Collier Blvd
Naples, FL 34119
NaplesGrades: NS-9 | 99 students
2659 Professional Circle; #1118
Naples, FL 34119
NaplesGrades: PK-12 | 562 students
3000 Orange Blossom Drive
Naples, FL 34109
NaplesGrades: PK-8 | 158 students
3161 Santa Barbara Blvd
Naples, FL 34116