Grades: NS-3 | 99 students
- We are a coeducational school for children age 3 to grade 3, focusing on the early childhood years.
- We are a small school with just one class per grade.
- There are two lead teachers in each class, as well as special subject teachers, all of whom inspire the students to embrace and enjoy learning.
- As an inclusive school community, we nurture each child and prepare them to be responsible members of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-3|
|Total Students||99 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
|Tuition Notes||Nursery = $16,975 PK = $23,738 K - 3rd = $26,582|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$13,343|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susan Arzt|
- Our five core values - Knowledge, Character, Respect, Play, and Community guide our dynamic academic and social curriculum. During these important early childhood years, Concord Hill demonstrates to its students that acquiring knowledge can be both challenging and fun. We celebrate each child's unique strengths and seek to build self-confidence through achievement. We emphasize both the academic and the developmental growth of the young child and strongly believe in educating the whole child by promoting intellectual, social, emotional, physical, and character development. By maintaining small student-to-teacher ratios, we are able to respond to each student's ideas, needs and learning styles. Concord Hill instills in its students a strong sense of caring and respect for others. Children experience the responsibilities and benefits of being positive, contributing members of their community and our diverse world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BethesdaGrades: PK-K | 355 students
5615 Beech Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814
Silver SpringGrades: NS-12 | 303 students
13500 Layhill Road
Silver Spring, MD 20906
Mc LeanGrades: K-12 | 1039 students
1301 Potomac School Rd
Mc Lean, VA 22101
PotomacGrades: PK-12 | 522 students
8617 Chateau Drive
Potomac, MD 20854
Chevy ChaseGrades: NS-9 | 171 students
6701 Wisconsin Ave
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.