Grades: NS-8 | 266 students
- Concordia Lutheran School believes that every child should be empowered and encouraged through study, experience, and example to mature in his/her relationship with God, with self, with other persons and with nature.
- The curriculum should provide opportunities to develop the whole child — one who recognizes himself as being a redeemed and loved child of God, called to share His love with others and possessing a sense of awe and gratitude for the gift of God's creation.
- The school environment and staff exemplify that of a caring Christian community, supporting and encouraging the specific gifts and abilities of each individual.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||266 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Polo shirts, Khaki, black or blue pants, shorts or skirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 28 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,500|
|Tuition Notes||Significant tuition discounts are given for second and third children from the same family. Additional discounts are given for Concordia Lutheran Church members.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||William E. Unverfehrt|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Yearbook Club Yearbook Club,|
- Concordia Christian Day School was founded and still supported by Concordia Lutheran Church. Approximately forty percent of our students are Lutheran with the other 60 percent being from almost every other Christian denomination. We teach Bible stories and how they relate to our lives today. In addition to Religion class we have a weekly chapel service and mission projects that support ministry or people in need. People visiting our school have commented that Concordia has a caring environment. Our philosophy educationally is that all of the subjects are important and help in the development of the whole child. We have Spanish class, Computer instruction, Music classes, PE classes and Art classes for all grades from Kindergarten through the 8th grade. We also have a Beginning and Advance Band (grades 5-8), Handbells (grades 6-8), and Drama production for young and older students. Our Stanford 10 Achievement Test scores have improved each of the past eight years. We challenge our students academically and our graduates from the eighth grade are usually placed in the Honors and AP classes of the local high schools. Several of our graduates in the past five years have Salutatorians or Valedictorians of their public high schools. We now have a new Lutheran High School, University Christian High School, that will continue the quality Christian education that Concordia Christian Day School is known for throughout the community.
Profile last updated: 07/17/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HickoryGrades: PK-8 | 168 students
2304 Springs Rd Ne
Hickory, NC 28601
HickoryGrades: PK-12 | 451 students
3260 6th St. Dr. NW
Hickory, NC 28601
ConoverGrades: PK-12 | 232 students
Po Box 1690
Conover, NC 28613
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.