Grades: PK-12 | 359 students
- Inaugurated in 2004, Cornerstone Christian Academy includes PreK4 through 12th grade and is located just north of McKinney, Texas. Cornerstone Christian Academy is a certified University Model School® (UMS), operating under parental authority to produce disciples who will influence our culture for Christ.
- University Model Schooling® is a unique approach that integrates the best of homeschool, traditional, full-time private and public, into an affordable, exciting, biblical (a-denominational) educational model! CCA is accredited through AdvancED, NAUMS (SACS/CASI).
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||359 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Dotti Regier|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Fencing, Football, Golf, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Baseball,
Golf, Track and Field,
- Students from elementary through high school go to classes the way most college students do, that is, three days per week. The students receive professional, highly engaging instruction at school on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, then study for their classes AT HOME (the satellite classroom) on Tuesday and Thursday under a parentâ's guidance. Not only do students learn more and prepare better for college, but parents have the opportunity to speak into their children's lives as they mature and prepare for their life ahead.
- This model, known as the University Model School, has many
benefits over other educational models, is thoroughly
Christ-focused, costs much less that traditional private school,
and preserves the parental input into the educational discipleship
of their children. At Cornerstone Christian Academy, this means:
- Strongly Christ-Centered
- Biblically Based
- Proven Academic Excellence
- Low Teacher/Student Ratio
- Parent/Teacher Partnership
Profile last updated: 10/21/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MckinneyGrades: PK-12 | 576 students
3601 Bois D'Arc Road
Mckinney, TX 75071
PlanoGrades: PK-12 | 88 students
3300 W Parker Road
Plano, TX 75075
FriscoGrades: PK-12 | 775 students
5000 Academy Drive
Frisco, TX 75034
MckinneyGrades: PK-12 | 92 students
115 Industrial Blvd A
Mckinney, TX 75069
3201 N Central Expy
Mckinney, TX 75071
I am a recent graduate from CCA. I switched from McKinney Boyd High School for the second half of my sophomore year on, and it was the best decision of my life. CCA is a very small private school (though growing with each passing semester), so I was given individual attention whenever I needed. The "University Model" system (a system in which students attend classes on campus MWF and are given the other two days to study) was very beneficial. I am a classical pianist and the extra time provided me with practice time, but it also gave me the chance to be responsible with my homework and studying. There are limited options for extracurriculars, but the academic quality and the quality of the teachers there is much higher than that of any other school in the region (I felt totally prepared to begin my college student life, and many of my classmates were immediately accepted into the workforce). The Christian atmosphere means one of unity and obedience and fellowship. I wholeheartedly recommend CCA for ANY student and/or parent looking for a school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - music
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.