|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Christian School Association (NCSA)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||380 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 30 / Aug. 15|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Nancy Burnett|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,
Flag Football, Tennis,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Solid academics are key to any successful private school. What sets Cornerstone Christian Academy apart is our solid academics combined with the biblical principles upon which our mission is founded. Beginning in pre-k, students are challenged to think critically, to analyze the world around them and to continue developing their relationship with Christ. As they continue through elementary and middle students continue to be seekers of truth and workers for social justice.
The mission of Cornerstone Christian Academy is to equip students with skills for life and faith for eternity.
Provide a developmentally appropriate educational experience in a Christian setting that will support future academic growth. Enrich your child`s life with a wide variety of activities in a safe and nurturing environment.
Students receive religious instruction daily at the school. Worship time consists of Bible songs, scriptures and prayers. All aspects of teaching include the Christian perspective, providing guidance for personal responsibility and friendship. Teachers model Christian principles as they lead children to know God as their Father of Jesus as their Savior.
- Respect We will show respect daily in the way we interact with our children, families and teachers.
- Excellence We will show excellence in being adequately prepared, striving for flawless execution in all we do.
- Responsibility We will exercise biblical stewardship as demonstrated through ownership, citizenship, confidentiality, safety, security and taking care of property.
- Integrity We will be honest in all our dealings, staying true to our mission and vision.
- Teamwork We will foster communication and cooperation as key elements of an environment of teamwork with parents, faculty and the church.
- Spiritual Development We value the importance of Christian character development among students and faculty. We seek to teach children to distinguish between right and wrong based on Christian teachings and principles.
- Balanced Education We value the challenge of helping children grow and mature in all areas of development. We seek this balance in order to help each child reach his/her fullest potential and to attain a positive self-image as well as social grace.
- Academic Focus We value all learning styles and seek teachers who will motivate students to learn. We place great curriculum emphasis on building a strong school performance.
- Independence We value the opportunity to help children develop self-reliance, self-control and responsibility. We understand that these characteristics impact their feelings of worth and greatly enhance school performance.
- Guidance We value a positive learning environment that allows children to learn. Teachers lovingly use fair and consistent expectations for behavior.
Communication We value the importance of open and positive communication between school and the home. We seek to work as a team with parents in the best interests of the children.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Sugar LandGrades: K-8 | 360 students
4111 Sweetwater Boulevard
Sugar Land, TX 77479
LakesideGrades: 1-10 | 84 students
1871 East Main Street
Lakeside, AZ 36066
Sugar LandGrades: PK-8 | 718 students
2630 Austin Pkwy
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Sugar LandGrades: PK-12 | 161 students
2553 Cordes Dr
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Sugar LandGrades: PK-12 | 853 students
1250 Seventh Street
Sugar Land, TX 77478
An excellent school with loving teachers in an authentic Christian environment. We can't sing its praises enough. Our two children look forward to going to school each day!
- Posted by Parent - theka
An amazing school! Great teachers, staff and christian environment. I would highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - k_hil
Great school. My daughters love going to school now.
- Posted by Parent - sanwi