Grades: K-6 | 162 students
- At Cortelyou Academy, we believe that education is essential for empowering children to function creatively and efficiently in society, Cortelyou Early Childhood Centers are specifically designed to foster the full growth and development of tomorrow's young men and women.
- Students gain a sense of self-respect and internal self reliance through a variety of learning strategies contingent on individual ability and strength.
- The academic curriculum enables the understanding of the alphabet in relation to word definitions and reading, and the concept of numbers in relation to mathematics.
- In addition, children also learn through the interactive process.
- As they talk, play, listen, question, manipulate, and observe, they gain valuable experience that serves to broaden their knowledge base and improve their decision-making ability.
- Teachers organize space and time to allow children easy access to various activities-individual and group.
- Children are frequently given a choice of activities and encouraged to be independent as much as possible.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BrooklynGrades: K-5 | 363 students
701 Carroll St
Brooklyn, NY 11215
BrooklynGrades: NS-8 | 51 students
755 Eastern Parkway 1st Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11213
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 818 students
181 Lincoln Place
Brooklyn, NY 11217
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 202 students
5224 3rd Ave Ste 1
Brooklyn, NY 11220
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 60 students
372 Clinton Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11238
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.