Grades: K-6 | 162 students
- At Cortelyou Academy, we believe that education is essential for empowering children to function creatively and efficiently in society, Cortelyou Early Childhood Centers are specifically designed to foster the full growth and development of tomorrow's young men and women.
- Students gain a sense of self-respect and internal self reliance through a variety of learning strategies contingent on individual ability and strength.
- The academic curriculum enables the understanding of the alphabet in relation to word definitions and reading, and the concept of numbers in relation to mathematics.
- In addition, children also learn through the interactive process.
- As they talk, play, listen, question, manipulate, and observe, they gain valuable experience that serves to broaden their knowledge base and improve their decision-making ability.
- Teachers organize space and time to allow children easy access to various activities-individual and group.
- Children are frequently given a choice of activities and encouraged to be independent as much as possible.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 249 students
185 Court Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
BrooklynGrades: K-12 | 383 students
8101 Ridge Boulevard
Brooklyn, NY 11209
BrooklynGrades: K-5 | 363 students
701 Carroll St
Brooklyn, NY 11215
BrooklynGrades: NS-8 | 51 students
755 Eastern Parkway 1st Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11213
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 818 students
181 Lincoln Place
Brooklyn, NY 11217
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.