Grades: PK-5 | 81 students
- Cougar Mountain Academy is a distinctive private school for children with high expectations where each individual student receives an excellent education and a wonderful school experience.
- Cougar Mountain Academy offers a future of promise and nurtures each student as if that child were the only one attending.
- Cougar Mountain Academy is a school for gifted or highly capable children and is dedicated to providing an excellent education for each individual student.
- The high caliber curriculum combined with an individualized, non-graded and non-competitive approach to learning enables each student to develop optimum potential and a deep love of learning.
- The dedicated approach to the development of each child at Cougar Mountain Academy represents an invaluable gift for life.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||81 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Mercer IslandGrades: PK-8 | 216 students
4320 87th Avenue SE
Mercer Island, WA 98040
SeattleGrades: NS-8 | 451 students
15201 Meridian Avenue N
Seattle, WA 98133
Mountlake TerraceGrades: 7-12 | 133 students
23607 54th Ave W
Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043
RedmondGrades: NS-12 | 767 students
8905 208th Avenue NE
Redmond, WA 98053
RedmondGrades: NS-PK | 56 students
9041 166th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052
Excellent School!! Best decision we have ever made for our child 's academic future.
- Posted by Parent - kevip
My oldest son went to Cougar Mountain Academy for 5 years and received an excellent education. It prepared him for middle school where he has continued to excel. We know have our youngest son at the Academy and he too is receiving the same stellar education. It is a very kind and accepting environment where all children feel like an important part of the student body. The teachers are top-notch and the administration develops and executes a well structured curriculum. Not only is the academic platform perfect for the student body but it is very accommodating to a busy working mom's schedule.
- Posted by Parent - annet
Our 3 yr old son has thrived since going to this school. He is challenged, and it amazes me how much he is learning. And he loves the teachers (as do we)!! Definitely recommend.
- Posted by Parent - nbsna
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.