Grades: PK-8 | 223 students
- Country Day School strives to provide a quality elementary education that stresses Catholic values to the children of the Nashoba Valley.
- Faithful to the tradition of Catholic education, Country Day School of the Holy Union strives to celebrate and educate the whole person, gifts and talents, rights and responsibilities.
- It firmly believes that each person is created in the image and likeness of God and attempts to create an environment where character is formed and where each student is respected and taught to respect self, others, and creation.
- Country Day School of the Holy Union seeks to provide students with strong academic skills and educational opportunities that will allow them to develop to their fullest potential.
- It strives to educate students to think for themselves within a community of wisdom and a tradition of faith.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||223 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
- Country Day School strives to provide a quality elementary education that stresses Catholic values to the children of the Nashoba Valley. Faithful to the tradition of Catholic education, Country Day School of the Holy Union strives to celebrate and educate the whole person, gifts and talents, rights and responsibilities. It firmly believes that each person is created in the image and likeness of God and attempts to create an environment where character is formed and where each student is respected and taught to respect self, others, and creation. Country Day School of the Holy Union seeks to provide students with strong academic skills and educational opportunities that will allow them to develop to their fullest potential. It strives to educate students to think for themselves within a community of wisdom and a tradition of faith.
Profile last updated: 09/15/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ConcordGrades: NS-8 | 316 students
200 Strawberry Hill Road
Concord, MA 01742
LittletonGrades: NS-8 | 205 students
2 Old Pickard Lane
Littleton, MA 01460
48 Main Street
Southborough, MA 01772
FitchburgGrades: PK-8 | 156 students
120 Prospect St
Fitchburg, MA 01420
BelmontGrades: PK-8 | 272 students
55 Day School Lane
Belmont, MA 02478
At Country Day School, students are academically challenged in a safe and nurturing environment. The class sizes are small so children get individual attention. The teachers know their students and are active in developing their strengths and improving their weaknesses. The school`s philosophy is to grow the whole child in mind, body, and spirit in a quality Christian learning environment. I view the school as my partner in my children`s` development. I have one child who is in 5th grade and another one who graduated five years ago. While the school and I are still working out some kinks with my 5th grader such as being consistent with study habits and taking responsibility, we (the school, my husband and I) had success with my eldest, who is an honor-student and a level-headed, confident, and compassionate person. Country Day provides a great well-rounded foundation.
- Posted by Parent - KAB
I transferred my son here halfway through kindergarten from a top state public school system (in the next town) where he was being mislabeled and struggling. Within days, he was a new kid. CDS has a traditional curriculum that is time-tested. The community is close-knit and the parents are all heavily invested in all aspects of the school. The curriculum is rigorous and structured and students are expected, and willingly commit to supporting a sense of caring, empathy, spiritual and emotional community at school and beyond. I can't say enough good things about the wonderful and positive changes I have seen in my son during the months since we pulled him from public school. Additionally, choosing Country Day School will open the door for our son's future school choices that would surely have not been an option had we held him back in public school. We wish we didn't waste so much time trying to make him fit into the single-track teaching style he endured in public school. Country Day School is a blessing to our family! At the end of the day, our son comes home happy!
- Posted by Parent - klw21
We started looking at schools in our area when our daughter was just 3 years old. We decided to start her at CDS after we looked at every school (including public schools) in a 25 mile radius ~ we did our homework! What we wanted for our daughter was the very best and after 2 years at CDS, I can tell you that CDS is the very best. The teachers are dedicated and accomplished in their own right, the small class sizes allow for a lot of individual attention and advanced learning, the character building, self discipline, lessons around respect and community contribution are all life lessons that contribute to developing the mind, body and spirit of our child. The school asks parents to participate in many aspects and parents love it because it creates a very familiar community and the school keeps tuition affordable because the parents are involved and contributing. I am very happy with our choice in schools, we will plan to send our other child to CDS as well. Good things are always happening at the school - check it out.
- Posted by Parent - tracy
We love this school! The teachers and staff are excellent!
- Posted by Parent - karen
We love Country Day! It has such a great community feel and does an excellent job balancing educational rigor with values. My son is growing academically but he is also learning how to be a person of good character. School feels like an extension of our family! I think the school offers great opportunities - foreign language, art, music, drama, sports, chess - as well as a very strong foundation in the three Rs. And they have an afterschool program which is affordable to support families like ours where both parents work! We love it here and feel like the value for money is fantastic.
- Posted by Parent - berli
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.