- Founded in 1981, Countryside Montessori School is the only independent school in North Carolina offering a Montessori curriculum from Toddler through 12th grade.
- Low student-teacher ratio allows for personal relationship between students and faculty. This fosters mutual respect and understanding which leads to students actively participating in their education. Countryside Montessori School is located in the University City area of North Charlotte.
- Its two wooded campuses house a Primary Program (15 Months- Kindergarten) at 4755 Prosperity Church Road and a Elementary and Secondary Program (1-12th Grades) at 9026 Mallard Creek Road. Countryside Montessori is accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools/Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAC/SAIS).
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Average SAT score||1500|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition range varies per grade and extended stay options.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Volleyball,
- Countryside Montessori School is a model Montessori School the produces globally competent, engaged leaders through a focus on academic excellence and stewardship of the community.
Profile last updated: 11/24/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CharlotteGrades: NS-12 | 584 students
333 Jeremiah Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28262
CharlotteGrades: K-11 | 159 students
1827 Back Creek Church Road
Charlotte, NC 28213
CharlotteGrades: PK-12 | 1660 students
1440 Carmel Road
Charlotte, NC 28226
CharlotteGrades: PK-12 | 993 students
7301 Sardis Rd
Charlotte, NC 28270
ConcordGrades: PK-12 | 239 students
3200 Patrick Henry Dr S
Concord, NC 28027
My son has been at Countryside for almost 3 years now and I couldn't be more pleased. He has had a top rate education and is performing well above his grade level. Although Countryside is going through some major changes right now with the loss of the Head of School, I trust that the teachers and staff will carry on with the top notch curriculum that they have provided so far. My son fits in really well at this school and has experienced nothing but respect despite the fact that he is biracial and has other social circumstances that might lead to discrimination. He is well loved by students, families and teachers. Couldn't recommend this school higher.
- Posted by Parent - miche
Probably the best deal for an independent private school in Charlotte. Number of programs offered for the size of the school is impressive. Montessori philosophy (blended classes, individual student work plans, proven subject mastery vs test and move on) provides a solid education while highlighting the student's skills. The student body is diverse and very cohesive.
- Posted by Parent - micha
The lead and assistant toddler teachers at Countryside Montessori have been an immense resource for my family. I have learned to connect more with my son and accept behavior that is developmentally age appropriate. It is a peaceful and respectful environment where children thrive because their natural learning is led by their interests- without the interruption of being overly directed. My son is very social and has made numerous friends from different backgrounds. The multi-cultural demographic is a tribute to the school's welcoming atmosphere.
- Posted by Parent - patri
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.