Grades: PK-K | 65 students
- Countryside Montessori School is dedicated to the development of children in their early formative years.
- The approach to the child is based upon the educational philosophy and method established by Dr. Maria Montessori and developed over the years by Montessori teachers in America.
- A basic principle of the Montessori philosophy is awareness and respect for the individuality of the child.
- The prepared environment of the Montessori classroom has a wide range of materials and exercises that were developed specifically for the young child in the areas of practical life, sensorial, mathematics, language, geography, and science.
- The materials and exercises are readily available to the child in the classroom, and direction is provided for each child by means of the individual and group lessons given by the Montessori teacher.
- Lessons in music and art are also included.
- Each day, weather permitting, the children are outside for a period of free play.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Saint LouisGrades: PK-6 | 230 students
12660 Conway Road
Saint Louis, MO 63141
Saint LouisGrades: PK-4 | 36 students
11155 Clayton Road
Saint Louis, MO 63131
Saint LouisGrades: PK-9 | 112 students
4430 Maryland Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63108
Saint LouisGrades: PK-KG | 45 students
44 N Gore Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63119
Saint LouisGrades: PK-8 | 134 students
6345 Wydown Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63105
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.