Grades: PK-12 | 95 students
- Where friendships are formed and memories are made.
- Children make friends and excel at Crotched Mountain School.
- They experience an environment of complete acceptance, respect and dignity from our staff and from their peers.
- Students who have been overlooked in other school settings blossom here.
- Our teaching approach focuses on effective communication skills.
- This offers students the ability to connect with their teachers, therapists, families and each other in a meaningful and productive manner.
- With these skills, a strong sense of belonging and camaraderie is cultivated through rich learning experiences and plentiful student activities, such as sports, school plays, science fairs, field trips and the simple pleasure of hanging out with friends.
- Each school day is engaging and provides ample opportunities for students to shine and enjoy school life.
- Children at Crotched Mountain School have varied emotional, behavioral, developmental and physical disabilities, including Autism spectrum disorders, emotional and behavioral disorders, trauma disorders, intellectual disabilities, acquired brain injuries, and rare complex disorders.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 15%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||95 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Approve BY NHDOE and NY State DOE and a MA 766 School|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Melissa Lambert|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Artist in Residence, Dance Troupe, Drumming Dance Troupe, Drumming, Artist in Residence,
- As a learning community, Crotched Mountain School offers individualized education programs and enriching educational experiences for students with disabilities at learning levels pre-K-12. Student-centered education programs Crotched Mountain School is a NH-approved special education school, with students who perform on a wide range of learning levels. Their individualized educational program may include everything from basic communication skills and activities of daily living, to functional academics or course work leading to a high school diploma. Our experienced staff and low staff-to-student ratios allow us to accommodate many learning levels and learning styles. We create small, personalized learning environments with six to eight students in a typical classroom. Within our 13 homeroom classrooms, children are closely matched based on their age and developmental levels. This creates an individualized learning environment where students can succeed.Enriched curriculum expands horizons Our curriculum follows the New Hampshire frameworks. We customize and refine our teaching methods to ensure that all children can access required topics at their own level in areas including language arts, history, math and science. Students who meet state standards are awarded an accredited high school diploma at Crotched Mountain School.
Profile last updated: 08/17/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RochesterGrades: K-12 | 50 students
Rochester, NH 03867
MerrimackGrades: 9-12 | 41 students
1 Brentwood Drive
Merrimack, NH 03054
HillsboroughGrades: 6-12 | 43 students
11 Bobcat Blvd
Hillsborough, NH 03244
HollisGrades: NS-9 | 118 students
9 South Merrimack Road
Hollis, NH 03049
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.