Grades: PK-4 | 153 students
- Dainty Center provides quality care and education starting at age three months.
- The Willow Wood School program offers comprehensive elementary education from junior kindergarten through 6th grade.
- Dainty Center/Willow Wood School was established by owners, Shawn and Adrienne "Cookie" Guinn.
- As one-time residents of the historic Dainty House in Brentwood, CA, "Mr. Shawn" and "Ms. Cookie" opened their doors as a home-based daycare business in 1980.
- Over the past 26 years, the Guinns have completed many transformative renovations to the property.
- By adding several buildings, a petting zoo, wonderful play areas, and technology to the property, the aging home and orchard is now a landmark educational center.
- Today, the thriving, beautifully landscaped Dainty Center/Willow Wood School campus proudly serves to nurture and educate children, their families, and the entire East County community.
- The Dainty Center/Willow Wood School team is proud of our excellent success in preparing students (and parents) for the challenging years following graduation.
- Our graduates move on to attend a wide range of public and private schools, often distinguishing themselves as both academic and community leaders.
- As a model organization of new learning techniques, we maintain a strong reputation among local and regional school districts, and institutes of higher learning - including the prestigious Fielding Institute of Santa Barbara, and the Seybrook Institute in San Francisco.
- Dainty Center/Willow Wood School is a national model for the acclaimed TRIBES program and serves as a training facility for teachers seeking certification as Tribes facilitators.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||153 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed Dainty Center/willow Wood School also viewed these schools: New Horizon School, Lycee International de Los Angeles (LILA) - PASADENA CAMPUS and Tobinworld Ii.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PasadenaGrades: NS-8 | 173 students
651 N. Orange Grove Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91103
PasadenaGrades: NS-5 | 147 students
30 N. Marion Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91106
AntiochGrades: K-12 | 69 students
2330 Country Hills Dr # 102
Antioch, CA 94509
My kid love this school. My son has been in the preschool program for the last 2 years and my daughter just started 2nd grade and they both couldn't be happier. I decided to pull my daughter out of public school due to all the stories she would come home with and she was just so unhappy there and it was the best decision I have ever made. The staff are all awesome and Ms. Tiff, the directors daughter, really listened to me and helped me out to make this place not only affordable for me but also fee like home. I love all the the teachers and the ratio in the classrooms. My daughter went from a classroom of 1:30 to now 1:12. The cant wait to get to school in the am and get upset when its time to leave. Best of all I know my kids are not only learning but they are well taken care of.
- Posted by Parent - megha
I attended the Brentwood Art, Wine and Jazz festival and took my kids to the childrens center which was run by Dainty Center. My kids loved every activity and after talking to the teachers and staff about their center I decided to call and set up a tour and I am so happy I did that. The school setting is awsome and all the teachers are so nice. The kids were all so happy. I signed my 2 kids (ages 4 and 6) up right away and they have come home this past 2 weeks with nothing but smiles and excitment to tell me about their day. My kids have never been so happy about school before. I can't wait to see what the future holds for my kids and I plan to stay at Dainty Center for a long time!
- Posted by Parent - hayli
Great school highly recomended! I have no complaints about this school or prgram what so ever. My son loves it and is testing at above grade level. I love the farm/petting zoo...what kid wouldnt love a petting zoo at their school? I love how when I go to pick up my son all the teachers as well as the office staff greets me by my first name and asks how I am and how my day was...and the teachers let me know how my sons day was. Every time I go into his class there is something new on the walls of something exciting they did for the day. I deffinatly recomend this place.
- Posted by Parent - megha
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.