|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences, ADHD|
|Total Students||117 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$54,700|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Betsy Strickler|
|Admissions Associate||Lorrie Wechter|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, WeightliftingAlpine Skiing, Basketball,
Cross Country, Lacrosse,
Ultimate Frisbee, Weightlifting,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Peer Counselors, Student Government, Theater, Yearbook Theater, Yearbook, Peer Counselors,
- Darrow School: Hands-on Education for More Than 80 Years
- Darrow School, an independent, co-ed, boarding and day school in New Lebanon, NY, offers a comprehensive college-preparatory curriculum with a range of courses in writing and literature, history, languages, mathematics, sciences, and the arts.
- Strong critical thinking and writing skills are emphasized in all subject areas. Students learn within an atmosphere that supports the pursuit of intellectual curiosity, individual creativity, and the joy of learning.
- The School has been recognized as a pioneer in the field of "hands-on learning," and Darrow teachers use real-world topics and a dynamic approach to capture the imagination and make the subject matter come alive.
- The beautiful mountainside campus is located on the site of the historic Mt. Lebanon Shaker Village, and Darrow continues to embrace the Shaker legacy of sustainability and stewardship.
- An important feature of the academic program is its focus on environmental, social, and economic resources, and students discover the value of finding balance within one's self, the community, and global society. The National Association of Independent Schools recognized the excellence of the School's Sustainability Program in February 2005 with a Leading Edge Honoree Award for curriculum innovation.
- Darrow's small classes, averaging nine students, afford everyone the chance to participate. Because Darrow is a small boarding school, with a 4-to-1 student-teacher ratio, there is an opportunity for strong connections between students and teachers. Teachers get to know students well, and expectations are high. They spur students to do their best in classes, athletics, and co-curricular activities.
- The substantive nature and climate of Darrow School offer students a setting where their abilities can prosper, and the School's distinctive educational philosophy is suited to all learning styles. At Darrow, students reach their full potential as motivated, thriving, college-bound learners with a greater understanding of themselves and the world.
- To learn more about Darrow School, contact Betsy Strickler, Director of Admission, at 518-794-6006 or visit www.darrowschool.org.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LakevilleGrades: 9-12 | 590 students
11 Interlaken Road
Lakeville, CT 06039
LoudonvilleGrades: PK-12 | 273 students
374 Loudon Road
Loudonville, NY 12211
AtlantaGrades: 7-12 | 1090 students
3790 Ashford Dunwoody Road Ne
Atlanta, GA 30319
SheffieldGrades: 9-12 | 394 students
245 North Undermountain Road
Sheffield, MA 01257
PelhamGrades: 8-12 | 299 students
190 Woodward Drive
Pelham, AL 35124