Grades: NS-12 | 305 students
- The Davidson School is an Approved Private School for students, ages 3 through 21, with special needs.
- Licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, the Davidson School has four locations: Chester, Media, Philadelphia, and West Chester, PA. In addition to academic instruction, students receive special education instruction, physical and occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, psychological and vision services, social skills training, and behavior support.
- The Davidson School provides a highly structured classroom environment with a low student-to-staff ratio.
- Davidson School offers programming for students with: ? Autism Spectrum Disorder ? Communication Difficulties ? Medically Fragile ? Mental Retardation ? Neurological Impairments ? Physical and Cognitive Disabilities ? Sensory Impairments ? Social-Emotional and Behavioral Challenges The Davidson School is committed to meeting the needs of each student by fostering self-determination and independence, as well as by assisting him or her in the transition from early years through school age and from school age to adulthood.
- The members of our professional staff maintain a current certification and/or license issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for their area of expertise.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Intellectual, emotional, developmental and physical disabilities|
|Total Students||305 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Students are referred to the Davidson Schol by their local school district. Please contact your local school district office. The Davidson School serves students from 55 school districts in southeastern Pennsylvania.
Profile last updated: 06/02/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HavertownGrades: 1-8 | 30 students
2000 Old West Chester Pike
Havertown, PA 19083
Bryn MawrGrades: 6-12 | 28 students
452 S Roberts Road
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
MediaGrades: 1-8 | 181 students
2107 North Providence Road
Media, PA 19063
LansdowneGrades: K-6 | 93 students
110 N Lansdowne Ave
Lansdowne, PA 19050
GlenmooreGrades: 1-12 | 97 students
151 Devereux Road
Glenmoore, PA 19343
I am seeking an environment that won't discontinue learning by making my son's main focus a job skill. An environment that aims to learn who the student is and build on the proven strengths.
- Posted by Parent - sabri
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.