de Toledo High School (formerly New Community Jewish High School) is a private, coed, 9-12 grade college preparatory Jewish day high school that pairs unwavering academic rigor with a culture of kindness. The school`s mission is to raise up a new generation of Jewish leaders for whom Jewish values and tradition shape and guide their vision, and for whom knowledge creates possibilities for moral action, good character, and shalom.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||72 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, Environmental Science, European History, Government & Politics: US, Physics 1, Physics 2, Physics C, Psychology, Spanish Language & Culture, Spanish Literature, Studio Art: Drawing, Studio Art: Design, US History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 6 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$35,750|
|Admissions Director||Michelle November|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Clubs, Debate Team, Drama & Musical Theatre, Leadership groups, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Science Academy, Student Ambassadors, Yearbook Clubs, Debate Team, Newspaper, Yearbook, Drama & Musical Theatre,
National Honor Society,
- de Toledo High School welcomes students with many Jewish philosophical beliefs and practices. Students identifying with Reform, Conservative, Modern Orthodox, Reconstructionist, and a variety of secular points-of-view participate in a respectful and non-judgmental learning environment.
- Average student-faculty ratio is 15:1. Students come from 49 zipcodes across the Los Angeles area.
- Our teachers help teens navigate adolescence by focusing on the journey. At de Toledo, students` talents and passions flourish on championship athletic, debate, and dance teams; in award-winning musical theatre productions; and in science and entrepreneurial academies. While touring, prospective parents frequently ask, "Why are your students so happy?" They spot teens smiling, seated beside teachers, working on essays, math equations, or playing a game of chess. They visit classrooms full of lively, topical conversation. They observe students savoring their day at school. While preparing for academic and professional success, de Toledo High School students also develop outstanding character.
- Discover why de Toledo High School is right for you.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Los AngelesGrades: 9-12 | 62 students
6022 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90035
Van NuysGrades: 8-12 | 295 students
5900 Sepuldeda Blvd St 560
Van Nuys, CA 91411
Huntington BeachGrades: NS-12 | 278 students
14401 Willow Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Los AngelesGrades: 9-12 | 100 students
5444 W Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Los AngelesGrades: 9-12 | 234 students
9760 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90035
October 25, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.