Grades: PK-8 | 293 students
- Dearborn Heights Montessori Center provides a safe, nurturing environment unifying academic challenge with quality opportunities for social, emotional, and intellectual growth.
- This includes a multicultural emphasis that values individuality and attainment of each child's fullest potential.
- With the Montessori philosophy as our foundation, we guide development of responsibility and respect by cultivating independent thinking, self-awareness, cooperation and inner discipline.
- Dearborn Heights Montessori Center is committed to the principles upon which our school was founded and still operates: respect for children, a strong commitment to non-violence, and a deep belief in the value of education.
- We trust the children in our school to succeed, and we work daily to provide a school climate in which they can prove us right.
- In the Montessori classroom, the children are motivated by their own interest and excitement.
- In this atmosphere they are encouraged to develop a positive self-image and to experience the satisfaction of helping others, while experiencing the joy of learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||293 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PlymouthGrades: PK-8 | 61 students
40260 Five Mile Rd.
Plymouth, MI 48170
RedfordGrades: PK-8 | 200 students
27201 W Chicago
Redford, MI 48239
Farmington HillsGrades: PK-7 | 171 students
32450 W 13 Mile Rd
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
DetroitGrades: PK-5 | 302 students
Detroit, MI 48206
Royal OakGrades: PK-6 | 535 students
1621 Linwood Ave
Royal Oak, MI 48067
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.