Grades: PK-8 | 293 students
- Dearborn Heights Montessori Center provides a safe, nurturing environment unifying academic challenge with quality opportunities for social, emotional, and intellectual growth.
- This includes a multicultural emphasis that values individuality and attainment of each child's fullest potential.
- With the Montessori philosophy as our foundation, we guide development of responsibility and respect by cultivating independent thinking, self-awareness, cooperation and inner discipline.
- Dearborn Heights Montessori Center is committed to the principles upon which our school was founded and still operates: respect for children, a strong commitment to non-violence, and a deep belief in the value of education.
- We trust the children in our school to succeed, and we work daily to provide a school climate in which they can prove us right.
- In the Montessori classroom, the children are motivated by their own interest and excitement.
- In this atmosphere they are encouraged to develop a positive self-image and to experience the satisfaction of helping others, while experiencing the joy of learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||293 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PlymouthGrades: PK-8 | 61 students
40260 Five Mile Rd.
Plymouth, MI 48170
RedfordGrades: PK-8 | 200 students
27201 W Chicago
Redford, MI 48239
LivoniaGrades: PK-K | 46 students
31840 W. Seven Mile Road
Livonia, MI 48152
FranklinGrades: PK-12 | 1522 students
22305 W Thirteen Mile Road
Franklin, MI 48025
SouthgateGrades: PK-KG | 82 students
15575 Northline Rd
Southgate, MI 48195
Nearby Homes for Salerealtor.com™
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.