Grades: K | 24 students
- The Derry Montessori School was founded in 1982, The educational philosophy of the School is based on the teachings of Maria Montessori.
- The environment is a key feature of the philosophy.
- The materials are designed to provide each child with successful learning experiences.
- Children can choose freely, or accept guidance as needed, moving about the classroom constructively, following their natural developmental stages of learning.
- We call these stages the Sensitive Periods of Development.
- This is a time in each childs life where their sensitivity to developing certain concepts or particular skills is at its prime.
- Giving the child ample opportunity to interact with the materials at these special times in their development, affords them the ability to reach a high level of mastery and to maximize the personal satisfaction in achieving these skills.
- This method creates the fertile ground necessary for developing a strong sense of self and personal pride in their achievements.
- The environment provides each child with an individualized exposure to learning that encourages an ability to learn freely, with responsibility.
- All of these elements are vital to successful living.
- It is always our goal to provide an environment that is safe, clean, peaceful, respectful, beautiful, and ordered, with a rich cultural curriculum, and the provision of positive role models that facilitate a well-rounded educational and social process.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1
National avg.: 13:1
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.