Grades: K | 24 students
- The Derry Montessori School was founded in 1982, The educational philosophy of the School is based on the teachings of Maria Montessori.
- The environment is a key feature of the philosophy.
- The materials are designed to provide each child with successful learning experiences.
- Children can choose freely, or accept guidance as needed, moving about the classroom constructively, following their natural developmental stages of learning.
- We call these stages the Sensitive Periods of Development.
- This is a time in each childs life where their sensitivity to developing certain concepts or particular skills is at its prime.
- Giving the child ample opportunity to interact with the materials at these special times in their development, affords them the ability to reach a high level of mastery and to maximize the personal satisfaction in achieving these skills.
- This method creates the fertile ground necessary for developing a strong sense of self and personal pride in their achievements.
- The environment provides each child with an individualized exposure to learning that encourages an ability to learn freely, with responsibility.
- All of these elements are vital to successful living.
- It is always our goal to provide an environment that is safe, clean, peaceful, respectful, beautiful, and ordered, with a rich cultural curriculum, and the provision of positive role models that facilitate a well-rounded educational and social process.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.