Grades: 6-12 | 190 students
- Desert Academy at Santa Fe is a college preparatory school dedicated to academic and personal excellence.
- We are an International Baccalaureate World School offering both the IB Middle Years and Diploma Programmes, for grades 6 through 12.
- We support and encourage the development of individual abilities in a community characterized by educational, ethnic, and cultural diversity.
- Students are involved, challenged, and empowered by a fully accredited college preparatory curriculum, a creative slate of electives, and a comprehensive athletic program.
Upcoming Events and News
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning specialist on staff|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 50%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Advanced Courses||International Baccalaureate classes|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,100|
|Tuition Notes||Generous need-based financial aid available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$11,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Warren|
|Admissions Associate||Linda Armer|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Assistance Dogs of the West, NHS, NJHS, Outdoor Club, Rock Band, Student Government, Theater, chess club, choir, speech & debate NHS, NJHS, Outdoor Club, Rock Band, Theater, chess club, choir, Assistance Dogs of the West,
speech & debate,
- Desert Academy is dedicated to academic and personal excellence. We provide a quality college prepatory education in a diverse school community, which values individuality, builds character, promotes self-confidence and fosters global understanding.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Santa FeGrades: NS-12 | 179 students
26 Puesta Del Sol
Santa Fe, NM 87508
Santa FeGrades: 7-12 | 318 students
1101 Camino De Cruz Blanca
Santa Fe, NM 87505
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.