Grades: K-12 | 213 students
History - Desert Chapel Christian School, an ongoing ministry of Desert Chapel, was first established as an elementary school in January of 1980.
The school continued to expand with the addition of a middle school in 1990 and a high school in 1999.
Since those humble beginnings, Desert Chapel Christian School has become well known in our community for its accomplishments.
With a reputation for excellence in academics, athletics and most recently the fine arts (art/drama), our campus continues to provide the best educational opportunities in a Christ-centered atmosphere.
College Preparatory ' To insure that our school is continuing to forge ahead with our educational and academic commitments we are accredited through the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and our classes are all approved and accepted by the University of California (UC) system.
Mission ' Desert Chapel Christian School endeavors to provide students with a Christ-centered, biblically infused education.
Our dedicated staff encourages our students to seek a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, assimilate Christian values, pursue academic success, develop healthy relationships and become an asset to the community in which they live.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||213 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(polo shirt, khaki pants and shorts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies between Elementary, Middle and High School|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||ASB, Drama Team, Yearbook ASB, Drama Team, Yearbook,|
- At Desert Chapel Christian School we expect our students to grow and develop spiritually, intellectually, physically and socially.
- Spiritually - our students acquire foundational knowledge of the Bible and are invited to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Intellectually - they develop logical and critical thinking skills and learn to communicate effectively using oral and written language.
- Physically - students develop and understand the basis for maintaining physically fit bodies and living a healthy lifestyle.
- Socially - they are encouraged to display a healthy relationship with peers, family, school and the community they live.
Profile last updated: 08/04/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Palm DesertGrades: PK-8 | 609 students
43775 Deep Canyon Rd
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Palm SpringsGrades: PK-8 | 299 students
455 S Compadre Rd
Palm Springs, CA 92262
Palm SpringsGrades: PK-6 | 27 students
3692 E Chia Rd
Palm Springs, CA 92262
Cathedral CityGrades: 2-12 | 57 students
68550 Dinah Shore Dr
Cathedral City, CA 92234
BanningGrades: PK-12 | 179 students
1325 Mountain Ave
Banning, CA 92220