- Desert Christian High School opened in 1986 following two years of planning and praying by four core families who envisioned a quality Christian high school on the east side of Tucson.
- Believing God was using them to accomplish 'big things,' these families stepped out in faith and commitment.
- In space rented from Christ Community Church, the high school opened its doors with just 23 students in grades 9 and 10, and a combined full and part-time staff of seven.
- Desert Christian Schools is in its twenty-second year of offering Christ-centered education.
- Respected academically, 95% of our graduates attend colleges, universities and military academies across the United States.
- In the last three years, 152 graduates earned approximately $4 million in scholarships for academic achievement, leadership and athletics.
- The middle school has produced first place finishers in regional ACSI Math Olympics this year and top finishers in the Regional Spelling Bee.
- Students at all three schools consistently earn high marks on achievement assessment at the local, state, and national levels, with DCHS having four National Merit Scholarship winners in the last five years.
- The Desert Christian Schools students are spiritually maturing, academically prepared, and possess an integrated biblical worldview so they impact their world for Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Christian Schools International (CSI)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||238 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed Desert Christian High School also viewed these schools: Salpointe Catholic High School.