Grades: NS-6 | 249 students
- Discovery World Montessori is dedicated to providing the ideal learning environment for children using the Montessori philosophy. Our child-centered, holistic and positive approach to education excites the minds and imagination of all our students.
- We encourage learning and teach children to think.
- Our school is a fully equipped Montessori environment.
- The curriculum is designed to help children grow at their own pace, gain self-confidence and independence, as well as promote academic achievement.
- In our school the children receive nurturing attention at all times.
- Our mission is to provide an environment where children will find mutual respect, order, co-operation, freedom of choice within limits and the opportunity to expand themselves to their fullest potential.
- The Discovery World Montessori offers various programs for children starting at age 6 weeks and includes kindergarten and elementary age children.
- In addition to the Montessori program we are proud to offer an infant care program.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Debbie Lewis|
|Admissions Associate||Ranjanie Serasinghe|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Dance, Music, Sports Art, Dance, Music, Sports,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Los AngelesGrades: NS-8 | 270 students
16000 Mulholland Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Diamond BarGrades: NS-5 | 95 students
23555 Palomino Dr
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
This school is the best ever school we found since we moved from another state. We did visit all the schools in Diamond Bar/ Walnut prior to enrolling our two children. The director was very friendly and the administrator provided the guided tour. The way she described the child's growth with Montessori method was so easy to understand and we were sorry for loosing our first child's few years of sensitive period in another school. One thing unique of this school is that all the staff members are happy and caring with great attitude. Another important thing was the school campus is well secured and they have two large playgrounds with large play equipment and a large canopy to protect children from sunburn. None of the other schools had all these in a package. Thanks to great school we found our second home for our children.
- Posted by Parent - mdesi
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.