Grades: K-8 | 550 students
Divine Child Elementary School is a Catholic parish school dedicated to deepening the Catholic faith and achieving academic excellence.
The school is rooted in a long-standing tradition of excellence and in an educational partnership with students, parents and the community.
We are committed to providing opportunities that nurture each student's spiritual, academic, athletic, social and creative growth.
We are dedicated to developing youth who pursue lives of responsibility, leadership and faith in action.
While we are a parish school, we draw our students from over 30 different zip codes throughout the area.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||reading specialist on staff|
|Total Students||550 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Advanced Courses||Accelerated Algebra program for 8th graders, Latin for 5th - 8th graders,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(school uniform required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / Jun. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,150|
|Tuition Notes||Second and third child discounts are available for in-parish families. Out of parish rate is $5525 per student.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Matthew Saxer|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Servers, American Heritage Girls, Art Club, Bible Quiz, Boys Scouts, Chess Club, Choir, Environmental Club, Girl Scouts, Math Club, Math Counts, Spring Play Altar Servers, Art Club, Bible Quiz, Boys Scouts, Chess Club, Choir, Girl Scouts, Math Club, Math Counts, Spring Play, American Heritage Girls,
- Welcome to Divine Child Elementary School. We are a Catholic school dedicated to the development of our students through the teaching and practice of Christian values in a challenging academic setting. Divine Child is one of the largest co-educational Catholic parish elementary school in Michigan, where boys and girls learn to work together and respect each other`s gifts and talents. Our classrooms and playing fields are faith-filled environments where our students grow spiritually, academically, physically, socially, and creatively. We are excited that you and your family are considering becoming part of the Divine Child Elementary School community.
- We opened our doors in 1952 and today remain one of the largest Catholic elementary schools in the Archdiocese of Detroit. Our kindergarten and primary grades, 1st through 3rd grades, are self-contained with qualified, caring teachers who work with students of many ability levels (a special class such as art, music. P.E. or computers is offered daily and taught by other teachers). Students in our intermediate grades, 4th through 6th grades, have three different teachers for their academic classes throughout the day, and our junior high classes, 7th and 8th grades, are departmentalized with students having six different teachers for their six different classes.
- Our school day begins at 8 a.m. and ends at 3 p.m. Many of our students paticipate in clubs, sports and acitivies which take place after school.
- In addition to weekly liturgies, our students attend Eucharistic Adoration every Tuesday during their religion class. Divine Child also offers sacramental preparation for Reconciliation, Holy Communion and Confirmation.
- Our students perform well on standardized tests. By the time our students reach junior high, the class average on the Iowa Assessment Testing is at the 75th percentile which is one grade level above average.
- Most of our parents are active in our Parent Guild which sponsors numerous activities throughout the year. Parents are required to complete 15 service hours each year.
- School tours are available by appointment during the school day with shadow visits available for junior high applicants. Please visit our website for additional information at www.divinechildelementaryschool.org.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PlymouthGrades: PK-8 | 191 students
10450 Joy Road
Plymouth, MI 48170
PlymouthGrades: K-8 | 611 students
1151 William St
Plymouth, MI 48170
DearbornGrades: PK-8 | 176 students
22513 Garrison Street
Dearborn, MI 48124
LivoniaGrades: KG-8 | 223 students
15089 Newburgh Rd
Livonia, MI 48154
CantonGrades: PK-8 | 560 students
48735 Warren Rd
Canton, MI 48187