Grades: PK-K | 30 students
- Doughty Montessori School is located in a beautiful old train station, in the west side of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Children, aged two and half to six are educated in traditional multi-age Montessori classrooms by well-trained and experienced teachers.
- Doughty Montessori School is based on the teachings and writing of Maria Montessori, who believed that developing the human potential was a path which led far beyond the confines of the classroom.
- Montessori's deep faith in the human personality developing free from psychological trauma and repression, held for her the vision of "a new man, a new society, a new world." We strive to nurture the emotional and educational needs of every child who attends Doughty Montessori School.
- We use traditional Montessori methods and theories to give each child the opportunity to learn at their own pace in a “prepared environment”.
- Through hands on experiences and an open mind approach, great discoveries are possible.
- The primary goal of D.M.S. is to focus on the whole child, to help each child reach full potential.
- The aim of Montessori education is to foster peaceful, competent, responsive children who are life long learners.
- By creating the most beneficial environment for your child, our staff shows their commitment and dedication to this philosophy.
- Students at Doughty Montessori School are actively involved with their own learning.
- Experiencing and discovering the materials at their own pace, growing in self esteem and cultivating their own desire to learn, becoming autonomous learners.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.