Grades: PK-1 | 39 students
Rosemary Simpson founded Dover Montessori Country Day Academy more than forty years ago. Her daughter, Margaret Kling A.M.I. is the owner and Director. The school is licensed for daycare and is a certified A.M.I. school using the Association Montessori Internationale method of instruction.
The Montessori curriculum for ages 2 - 6 consists of eight subject areas for which developmentally appropriate materials have been specifically designed.
Mastery of these eight areas provides a child with keys to later academic and social success.
While there are innumerable subjects and materials that might have some "learning" value for the young child, it is these which allow the child to progress most rapidly because of their clarity, simplicity, flexibility, and ability to integrate a child`s experience.
Each month our material centers on a particular theme. We currently are the only pre-school in lower Delaware that offer Chinese as a second language. Additional programs include: Spanish, Computer,Science, Art and Music. Interviews are required. Limited spaces available.
contact us: www.dovermontessori.com.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||language-based or mild learning Differences|
|Total Students||39 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Khaki, Navy and white, polo style shirts, accessories oppotional in color.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pricing information available on web site 1/2 day and all day programs currently available|
|Admissions Director||Margaret A. Kling A.M.I.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Summer Camp Program, extracurricular activities include; Chinese; Computers;Music and Science Summer Camp Program,
extracurricular activities include; Chinese; Computers;Music and Science,
- Dear Parents,
- Dover Montessori Country Day Academy is one of a few select schools in Delaware that follows the AMI method of teaching. The Montessori method of education emphasizes self-directed activity for children and observation and guidance from the teacher in order to adapt the child`s learning environment to his or her individualdevelopment level. Importance is placed on the child absorbing abstract concepts and learning practical skills. Montessori schools use auto-didactic (self-correcting) equipment for introducing and learning concepts, and teaching reading via phonics and whole language.
- Dr. Montessori recognized that the only valid impulse to learning is the self-motivation of the child. She developed what she called the "prepared environment," which already possesses a certain order. This environment disposes children to develop at his own speed, according to each child`s own capacities, and provides this in a noncompetitive atmosphere.The areas of instruction are: Sensorial learning, Practical life, Movement, Language, Geography, Mathematics, Music and Art. Dover Montessori also provides additional classes to further enrich your child`s education including Spanish and Chinese language classes, yoga and dance instruction, and Computer Tots classes.
- Did you know that your child can get an education from trained Montessori teachers for the same average cost of daycare? Montessori introduces children to the joy of learning at an early age and provides a framework in which intellectual and social discipline go hand in hand.
- We look forward to meeting with you.
- Margaret A. Kling A.M.I.
- Director, Dover Montessori Country Day Academy
Profile last updated: 01/09/2016
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
DoverGrades: PK-12 | 333 students
1143 E Lebanon Road
Dover, DE 19901
DoverGrades: PK-NS | 146 students
605 S Bay Road
Dover, DE 19901
DoverGrades: K-8 | 489 students
631 S State St
Dover, DE 19901
DoverGrades: K-6 | 16 students
2131 S Dupont Hwy Ste 4
Dover, DE 19901
DoverGrades: PK-8 | 23 students
655 Wyoming Ave
Dover, DE 19904
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.