Grades: 1-9 | 250 students
Eagle Hill is a language-based, remedial program committed to transforming children with learning disabilities into students who are eager to learn.
The curriculum is individualized, interdisciplinary, and transitional in nature.
A secure, structured, nurturing environment supports and stimulates the development of the whole child.
As a result, children learn to view themselves as competent individuals with a strong sense of self.
In an environment that recognizes and embraces diversity, Eagle Hill teaches children an array of strategies and skills to manage their learning disabilities effectively at school and at home.
Eagle Hill helps children gain the self-esteem necessary to initiate, nurture and maintain friendships.
Inherent in the Eagle Hill philosophy is development of children with strong moral and ethical character.
Children leave Eagle Hill with confidence in their academic abilities, a true belief in their worth as human beings, and the strategies necessary to meet the challenges of their new school and social settings.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||dyslexia and various language-based learning disabilities|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||100 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Day Tuition is 62,725 5-Day Boarding Tuition is 82,835|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$30,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tom Cone|
|Admissions Associate||Brian Dayton, Ass't Director|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Ultimate FrisbeeBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Ice Hockey,
- Eagle Hill School is unique in helping the child with learning disabilities to develop academic skills and self-confidence. Our mission is to provide intensive, short-term, remedial instruction and then return the child to the educational mainstream as soon as possible.
- Eagle Hill School serves children from Fairfield and Westchester counties as well as Manhattan in its day program, and children from the tri-state areas of Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey in its five-day boarding program (as well as internationally - the school has accepted children from as far away as Bermuda, London, China, and other countries, as well as across the U.S.). The school is approved as a special education facility by the Connecticut State Department of Education, is accredited through the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools, and approved as a State of Connecticut Approved Special Education Program.
- Children are referred to Eagle Hill by their school, clinicians, physicians, and other parents. Our students enter Eagle Hill with average or above average intelligence, many with specific talents, but because of their difficulties comprehending or expressing language, they share the experience of academic failure. By carefully evaluating each child's potential and determining the specific nature of his or her learning difficulty, an individualized ecational program is developed.
- No single remedial technique is followed exclusively at Eagle Hill School. Rather, each child's program draws from as many approaches as needs demand. Classes are ungraded; children learn and advance at their own pace. Each child has a daily language arts tutorial as the core of his/her instructional program.
- Eagle Hill's low student-teacher ratio allows for flexible programming to address individual needs in each area.
- Students also participate in a broad range of activities in addition to their academic courses. The athletic program, designed to enhance fitness, promote skill development, and encourage a life-long interest in sports, is an integral part of life at Eagle Hill. Student council and community service programs provide opportunities for leadership and service, enriching our strong sense of community. Electives, including art, drama, photography, computers, and others round out the offering.
- Every fall, teachers and advisors meet with administrators to assess each returning child's progress and to recommend candidates for post-Eagle Hill placement. Parents are consulted and a list of suggested schools is provided. During the child's last year, the supports are gradually removed in preparation for their return to the educational mainstream. When children leave Eagle Hill, they will have developed the academic tools, self-confidence, and self-advocacy skills required to more effectively deal with a world that is increasingly more dependent on language. Beyond that, they will have learned to make their own decisions, solve their own problems and win their own battles. From that experience, perhaps most importantly, they will have developed a firm sense of self worth to carry them through life.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SouthportGrades: K-8 | 100 students
214 Main Street
Southport, CT 06890
Falls ChurchGrades: 7-12 | 144 students
2849 Meadow View Road
Falls Church, VA 22042
Melrose ParkGrades: 6-12 | 81 students
7613 Old York Road
Melrose Park, PA 19027
AmeniaGrades: 2-12 | 91 students
425 Morse Hill Road
Amenia, NY 12501
BrooklynGrades: K-12 | 383 students
8101 Ridge Boulevard
Brooklyn, NY 11209
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.
October 12, 2016
As you consider sending your child to private school, think about these five factors which make for a successful private school experience.