Grades: 9-12 | 654 students
- East Catholic exists to educate young men and women according to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Building on Catholic tradition and teaching, we provide an integrated approach to learning in an authentically Catholic and yet ecumenically sensitive community. Within this faith community, we strive to recognize Gods presence in the varied experiences of everyday high school life.
- In our education of the whole person, we value academic excellence, personal growth, and social commitment.
- We want to teach our students how to become life-long learners who think critically and creatively, act compassionately and justly, and serve others generously and courageously.
- We assist students in becoming adults who love God, and therefore, respect themselves, others, the earth and the universe as part of Gods living creation.
- The success of our educational endeavor depends on the belief, commitment, and participation of faculty, staff, administration, and students in collaboration with parents and the wider community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||654 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Literature, Biology, British Literature, Calculus, Chemistry, European History, Music Theory, US History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Ellen Devlin|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Equestrian, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West HartfordGrades: 6-12 | 523 students
170 Kingswood Road
West Hartford, CT 06119
MiddletownGrades: 9-12 | 882 students
181 Randolph Rd
Middletown, CT 06457
HartfordGrades: 6-12 | 242 students
180 Bloomfield Avenue
Hartford, CT 06105
TrumbullGrades: 9-12 | 815 students
2320 Huntington Tpke
Trumbull, CT 06611
West HartfordGrades: 9-12 | 587 students
29 Wampanoag Drive
West Hartford, CT 06117
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.