Grades: PK-K | 43 students
- Children learn because of natural curiosity.
- East Shore Montessori School offers not only a warm and loving daycare program, but also the opportunity for children to cultivate their desire to learn.
- By providing hands-on age appropriate materials in a relaxed, but stimulating environment, Dr. Maria Montessori was a strong believer in the integrity and the innate intelligence of every child.
- Through intensive observation of young children, she developed a method of hands-on education.
- As children work with the material created by Dr. Montessori, they develop into independent, self-motivated learners with a love of learning.
- Dr. Montessori identified the young child's unique aptitude for learner as the "absorbent mind." She compared the young mind to a sponge which literally absorbs information from the surrounding environment.
- Acquiring information in this way is a natural and delightful activity for the young child who can learn to read, write, and calculate in the same natural way that they learn to walk and talk.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||43 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.