Grades: PK-K | 43 students
- Children learn because of natural curiosity.
- East Shore Montessori School offers not only a warm and loving daycare program, but also the opportunity for children to cultivate their desire to learn.
- By providing hands-on age appropriate materials in a relaxed, but stimulating environment, Dr. Maria Montessori was a strong believer in the integrity and the innate intelligence of every child.
- Through intensive observation of young children, she developed a method of hands-on education.
- As children work with the material created by Dr. Montessori, they develop into independent, self-motivated learners with a love of learning.
- Dr. Montessori identified the young child's unique aptitude for learner as the "absorbent mind." She compared the young mind to a sponge which literally absorbs information from the surrounding environment.
- Acquiring information in this way is a natural and delightful activity for the young child who can learn to read, write, and calculate in the same natural way that they learn to walk and talk.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||43 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.