- Educational Alternative program begins in Pre-K and continues through High School. Educational Alternative is remedial in nature; a sensory integration based, multi-sensory approach teaches students strategies and methods which facilitate long term learning.
- In order for students to be able to compete in an academic mainstream environment, they need to not only develop the appropriate academic skills but the social and emotional skills as well.
- Our Day School Program is intensive and remedial; yet also provides an environment which students may learn and grow in a setting which is reinforcing, comfortable and caring.
- At Educational Alternative, Older students are encouraged to become mentors and/or peer tutors to younger students.
- This is an ability which builds both self-esteem and motivation.
- Younger students are encouraged to seek out older students for help when necessary allowing them to become more independent learners.
- Additionally, the day school follows the guidelines of the public school system so that children will be exposed to the same areas of curriculum required in the mainstream class.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.