- Educational Alternative program begins in Pre-K and continues through High School. Educational Alternative is remedial in nature; a sensory integration based, multi-sensory approach teaches students strategies and methods which facilitate long term learning.
- In order for students to be able to compete in an academic mainstream environment, they need to not only develop the appropriate academic skills but the social and emotional skills as well.
- Our Day School Program is intensive and remedial; yet also provides an environment which students may learn and grow in a setting which is reinforcing, comfortable and caring.
- At Educational Alternative, Older students are encouraged to become mentors and/or peer tutors to younger students.
- This is an ability which builds both self-esteem and motivation.
- Younger students are encouraged to seek out older students for help when necessary allowing them to become more independent learners.
- Additionally, the day school follows the guidelines of the public school system so that children will be exposed to the same areas of curriculum required in the mainstream class.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.