Grades: 1-8 | 20 students
- ELI`s Emerson School in Palo Alto is a private, nonsectarian institution for students from first grade through eighth grade.
- It takes an integrated approach to learning that builds on the classic foundations of Western civilization and addresses the future needs of students and their families. Emerson`s reliance on an individualized pace for the development of basic skills means that individual progress is optimized and, in general, accelerated. Students are typically placed in groups spanning two to three years of age without grade distinctions.
- The multiage groupings make possible a program that is customized for each student, thereby accommodating a wide range learning styles and personalities.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,635|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly tuition stated is for a 9 hour day for students on a 12 month contract.|
|Admissions Director||Linda Paz|
- The goal of our teachers is to create an environment that encourages the pursuit of excellence in all facets of a child`s work, to stimulate a sense of curiosity, and to encourage the development of independence and individual responsibility as well as a social conscience. As much as possible, our teachers avoid the role of "sage on stage" who imparts content to students that they can just as easily obtain from books or other sources. Instead, our teachers for the most part act like tutors who float from student to student, checking on progress, ensuring that skill development is continuing, and remediating any problems during the learning process rather than doubling back after a test failure to understand where things went wrong.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Santa ClaraGrades: PK-8 | 492 students
3345 Lochinvar Ave
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Palo AltoGrades: K-8 | 235 students
4000 Terman Drive
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Los AltosGrades: NS-12 | 305 students
11311 Mora Dr
Los Altos, CA 94024
Santa ClaraGrades: KG-8 | 298 students
725 Washington St
Santa Clara, CA 95050
400 W Campbell Ave
Campbell, CA 95008
We love this school and our kids don't want to leave at the end of the day. The teachers are passionate, the class sizes are small and the teaching is of a high standard. The best part is my kids (9 and 7) are empowered to take responsibility for their learning, something very unique that will help them in the future. Finally, worth mentioning the varied curriculum which includes a daily hour of sport, 3 hours of music, 3 hours of languages and 2 hours of art a week.
- Posted by Parent - infor
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.