|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild to severe developmental disabilities, including emotional and/or behavioral disorders, intellectual delays, cognitive impairment, Autism, and other conditions.|
|Total Students||47 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Stephanie Ong|
- At Esperanza School, students learn and grow in a supportive environment, and individualized attention helps each reach his or her academic and developmental goals. Through individualized educational plans (IEPs), life skills, vocational training, and the arts, students are reaching their academic, developmental, and social goals.
- We partner closely with parents and guardians at every step of their child’s education. From the referral and enrollment process through planning for life beyond Esperanza School, our multidisciplinary team that includes teachers, social workers, transition specialists, nurses and speech therapist collaborate with parents to determine student goals and the paths to reach them. Students are supported to make independent choices and pursue their interests to the extent possible. Students enjoy art, music, and theater, and all have access to a nurse, speech therapist, and social workers.
- Our small class sizes facilitate the high level of personal attention that all of our students receive. Like all of our programs,Esperanza School provides bilingual (English and Spanish) services to both students and parents to meet the diverse needs of the families we serve. Door-to-door transportation is provided.
- Esperanza School is accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and Education and approved by the Illinois State Board of Education.
Profile last updated: 01/17/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChicagoGrades: 1-8 | 30 students
2150 W Harrison St
Chicago, IL 60612
ChicagoGrades: 9-12 | 108 students
524 N. Wolcott Ave.
Chicago, IL 60622
Blue IslandGrades: PK-12 | 16 students
1962 Broadway St
Blue Island, IL 60406
ChicagoGrades: 1-12 | 131 students
3110 W Grand Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
HarveyGrades: 1-12 | 43 students
121 W 154th Street
Harvey, IL 60426