Grades: 2-10 | 80 students
- The Esther B. Clark School is a therapeutic day school for elementary, middle and high schools students who have strong scholastic potentialbut are afflicted with significant emotional, and behavioral challenges.
- Located onsite at CHC, the school has a capacity to serve up to 80 full-time students.
- Candidates for admission are typically referred by local school districts due to the frequency and/or intensity of their behavior and emotional issues.
- Goal is to instill improved emotional self-regulation skills and self-managed functional behavior strategies so children can return and participate successfully in their community school setting.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-10|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild to Moderate Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$67,970|
|Tuition Notes||Primarily a non-public school accepting referrals from public school districts for children with primary emotional/behavioral disorders. Tuition does not include cost of support services, therapy and medication management services.Private Pay available.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Jessica Becker|
- The Esther B. Clark School provides its students, who are typically referred through public school districts , with grade level core curriulum, social thinking skills, and , emotional regulation strategies in an integrated academic, behavioral and therapeutic setting. Individual, group and family therapy, individual positive behavior skills training,crisis intervention, in-home parent behavior support, intensive instructional services, speech and language, occupational therapy,and on-site medication management services by MD psychiatrist are also available. The school has a 1:3 inter-disciplinary staff to student ratio.
Profile last updated: 02/22/2016
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Menlo ParkGrades: PK-8 | 281 students
1211 Arbor Rd
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Palo AltoGrades: PK-8
930 Emerson Street
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Redwood CityGrades: 6-12 | 795 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Redwood City, CA 94027
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
Palo AltoGrades: K-1 | 50 students
437 Webster St
Palo Alto, CA 94301
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.