Grades: K-6 | 447 students
- The ideal of the school is to develop individuals who will be competent to change their environment to greater conformity with moral ideals.
- Felix Adler, Philosopher, humanist, and founder of the Ethical Culture Fieldston School.
- To realize his vision we embrace the following ideals: ethical learning, academic excellence, and progressive education.
- Our school achieves academic excellence by challenging students to reach their highest potential in body, mind and spirit through the humanities, sciences, the arts and physical education.
- The students become active learners and engage in vital discourse in a community of dedicated teachers and an atmosphere of intellectual discipline and creativity.
- Through a curriculum rooted in the tenets of progressive education, students become independent thinkers as they learn that asking their own questions and seeking their own answers provides the key to the deepest kind of understanding.
- Cooperative, student-centered, discussion-based learning, and the freedom to make mistakes, are part of our students' everyday lives.
- We value inclusion and economic and racial diversity, and we honor all of our students for their unique contributions, cultural backgrounds, and beliefs.
- We consider service to be critical to the development of character, so we incorporate community service into the children's school experience from the earliest grades.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||447 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 1281 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 610 students
433 W End Ave
New York, NY 10024
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1240 students
5 W 93rd St
New York, NY 10025
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 336 students
15 E 79th St
New York, NY 10075
BronxGrades: PK-12 | 1140 students
5250 Fieldston Road
Bronx, NY 10471
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.