- Explorations Academy... An education that matters.
- Explorations is a fully-accredited independent school with a focus on experiential learning, creative development, character building, and college preparation.
- Students average one day per week on field outings throughout the region and also participate in annual, month-long overseas expeditions.
- Our innovative approach prepares students to become globally-aware leaders for positive change in the 21st Century.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Northwest Association of Accredited Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||39 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,600|
|Tuition Notes||We have scholarship and financial aid programs to make an Explorations Academy education accessible to every appropriate student|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Lane|
- Explorations Academy (EA) is our area's only fully-accredited independent high school and provides an experiential curriculum that ignites a passion for learning and inspires creativity, curiosity, and desire to learn in young people who are highly capable yet under-performing in traditional high school settings. It is our priority to encourage bright and capable, yet bored youth to excel academically and create opportunities for life-long success. We expose students to real life experiences to ensure that our students are well prepared to be tomorrow’s innovators, leaders, and engaged citizens.
- Committed to intercultural education, we have hosted international students for one or more academic years. Our school attracts students from southern British Columbia and we are close to a bus line that connects us easily to transportation from neighboring counties. Students also have traveled on international study/service expeditions to places as diverse as Peru, India, Thailand, Cuba, Kenya, Guatemala, and Indonesia.
- Our academic program is college-preparatory, interdisciplinary, and challenging. We offer an experiential approach draws students into the real world through field studies, guest speakers, and service opportunities that complement classroom learning. The curriculum is relevant to current events with small class sizes and integrated subject matter. Evaluation methods emphasize individualized performance assessments, self-reflection and demonstration of skills and knowledge and are not focused on standardized testing.
Profile last updated: 05/14/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BellinghamGrades: PK-12 | 364 students
1509 E. Victor Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
100 Pine Street Ste. 103
Bellingham, WA 98225
My daughter has just completed her first semester at EA and we are all thrilled with the education she is being offered! Not only is she receiving the academic rigor she's been craving, she is also getting mentorship from intelligent and wise faculty in how to develop as a human being. I can't imagine a better environment for my teenager to grow.
- Posted by Parent - arack