Grades: 3-9 | 4095 students
- Since 1993, the Fairfax Collegiate summer program has provided students with challenging and engaging enrichment courses in writing, mathematics, test prep, speech and debate, programming, engineering, web design, robotics, video filmmaking, art and photography.
- Small classes, running for two weeks at a time throughout the summer, take place in a relaxed and informal atmosphere at our thirteen locations around the Northern Virginia area.
- Courses are built around creative activities that are fun and entertaining as well as informative.
- Summer program instructors include undergraduate and graduate students at leading universities, as well as area public and private school teachers.
- They take into account each student's interests and needs, and students are able to get help from a teacher at any time.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-9|
|Total Students||4095 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||350 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition costs will vary based on number of classes attended over summer.|
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.