Grades: 9-12 | 136 students
- Lutheran High School belongs to Christ and is dedicated to touching lives forever by fostering Christian leaders, achieving academic excellence, increasing community service, teaching both mind and spirit, and honoring individual potential.
- Our staff treats each student as a unique child of God cultivating their talents while nurturing their faith.
- Being a student here means much more than just the classes in which you are enrolled; it is an experience to develop the whole child – educationally, spiritually and socially.
- Lutheran High School of La Verne is dedicated to providing an excellent Christ-centered, education that will positively impact the entire family.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||136 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Enviornmental Science, Government, Literature, Physics, Spanish, US History|
|Average SAT score||1890|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(red, white, and navy polo shirts; navy, gray, black and khaki pants or shorts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,375|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Christine Froio|
|Admissions Associate||Kathy Johnson|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Clubs, Drama, Music, National Honor Society, Student Government Band, Clubs, Drama, Music, National Honor Society,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ClaremontGrades: 9-12 | 408 students
1175 West Baseline Road
Claremont, CA 91711
UplandGrades: 9-12 | 425 students
100 West 9th Street
Upland, CA 91786
PasadenaGrades: KG-12 | 859 students
1030 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106
La VerneGrades: PK-12 | 101 students
2990 Damien Ave
La Verne, CA 91750
PasadenaGrades: 9-12 | 673 students
169 South Saint John Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91105
I have two students who currently go to Lutheran High and am very pleased. Small class size and communication between parents/teachers/students is really good and the teachers are available if needed. There is also a wonderful Navy JROTC unit and it is one of the best programs available. Definitely don't pass this school by, stop by and see for yourself.
- Posted by Parent - ttfn
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.