|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children
National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$31,325|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-Kindergarten: $19,500 Kindergarten: $28,475 Grades 1-4: $31,325 Grades 5-8: $34,125|
|Admissions Director||Kevin Donnelly|
|Admissions Associate||Rachel DeMaster|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Fencing,
Field Hockey, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Collector's Items (Journalism), Service Learning, Theater Programs, Yearbook Yearbook, Collector's Items (Journalism),
- Shaping remarkable students. Building remarkable people.
- A Far Hills education offers a richer, deeper, more complete educational experience.
- A solid, proven academic approach.
- Dedicated specialists design and teach our curriculum in reading, writing, languages, math, and science. A variety of active, engaging, hands-on teaching methods are combined to provide intimate, individualized, level-specific education focused on unlocking each child`s potential.
- More than book learning. Life learning.
- Along with inspiring passion for academic achievement, our mission is to inspire resourcefulness, resilience, and integrity. Children learn both teamwork and self-reliance. They learn respect, and also the confidence to speak up. They learn both humility and pride.
- Accountability is key.
- Our students are not only measured by their academic performance but also by their application of the character-defining skills that differentiate the Far Hills approach to education. We place equal emphasis on both, and accountability for both is the foundation of our community, culture, and code of honor.
- Far Hills rigor maximizes potential at each level.
- As students develop and transition, they are equipped at each key point with the skills they need to move forward confidently, joyfully, and successfully.
- Effective education for this critical developmental time in a child`s life does not come purely in the form of worksheets and homework assignments. Carefully designed, research-proven learning based on intentional play at the lower levels assures preparedness, receptiveness, comfort, and success as each child moves forward.
- Grades K-4
- In the Lower School, we carefully, intentionally cultivate the genuine and lifelong love of learning. Students build strong fundamentals such as reading, writing, and math, blended with relevant life skills such as relationship building and social problem solving-coupled with an introduction to the concept of accountability.
- Grades 5-8
- As they embark on this time of young adulthood, students are prepared and eager, having built well-formed characters, strong personal values, knowledge, and skills. Upper School teachers then further build on this formidable framework to help each prepare for secondary school, continued leadership, and greater achievement.
- The Far Hills DIFFERENCE can make a real difference in your child's future.
- The balance of academic excellence, a nurturing environment, and a curriculum of empowering and character-defining life skills provides an advantage that your child can only get at Far Hills. Our graduates go on to attend the finest secondary schools, colleges, and universities, with a mastery of the life skills that will allow them to embrace opportunity and make the world their own. They leave Far Hills knowing how to think, not what to think. They are more than intellectually inspired, but are inspired to be passionate about their potential as achievers and leaders in anything they pursue-in academics, in the professional world, and in life.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GladstoneGrades: NS-8 | 137 students
1150 Pottersville Road
Gladstone, NJ 07934
MorristownGrades: PK-8 | 200 students
21 Cutler Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
SomersetGrades: PK-8 | 268 students
152 Cedar Grove Lane
Somerset, NJ 08873
Basking RidgeGrades: K-12 | 1114 students
131 Martinsville Road
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
GladstoneGrades: NS-12 | 670 students
St. Bernard's Road
Gladstone, NJ 07934
|5.0 Stars 05/21/15|
Far Hills Country Day school has been an amazing place for our children during their elementary and middle school years. This school combines a strong academic curriculum with the social and emotional skills that allow each child to grow as an individual. Students learn about all aspects of life and leave the school on their way to becoming positive, productive members of our society. Teachers go above and beyond their normal call of duty to make sure every child is successful and moving in the right direction. Far Hills Country Day School is an amazing institution that benefits children starting at the age of 3 and continues their growth in all aspects of life through 8th grade.
- Posted by Parent - marti