Grades: NS-8 | 115 students
- Our mission at The Farmington Valley Academy Montessori is to offer an excellent education characterized by intellectual rigor combined with personal warmth.
- Dr. Maria Montessori's principles and the insights of other gifted educators form a broad foundation for the school`s philosophy and curriculum.
- We seek to provide an optimal environment that will serve as a culture that encourages each student to develop to his or her fullest potential across a wide range of experiences.
- We consider ourselves to have succeeded when we have fostered in each student a sense of respect for themselves and others, an inner expectation of personal responsibility, academic achievement that matches potential, and a love of learning.
- The Farmington Valley Academy Montessori offers a highly developed, scholastic curriculum based on the use of didactic materials which inspire the imagination and ignite the learning process.
- The Farmington Valley Academy Montessori is located in Avon, Connecticut and is a private educational center dedicated to providing a quality education with high academic standards in a warm loving environment We invite you to schedule a visit to our school.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||115 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is varied depending on age of student/class|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Figure Skating, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, TennisBallet, Baseball,
Figure Skating, Ice Hockey,
Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Cello, Choir, Dance, Flute, Lego, Piano, Theatre/Drama, Violin, Voice, Yoga Art, Cello, Choir, Dance, Flute, Lego, Piano, Theatre/Drama, Violin, Voice, Yoga,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West HartfordGrades: NS-9
141 N Main St
West Hartford, CT 06107
EnfieldGrades: NS-6 | 165 students
1325 Enfield St
Enfield, CT 06082
AvonGrades: K-8 | 62 students
324 Montevideo Rd
Avon, CT 06001
CheshireGrades: PK-K | 20 students
660 Boulder Rd.
Cheshire, CT 06410
SimsburyGrades: NS-6 | 143 students
112 Sand Hill Road
Simsbury, CT 06070
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.