Grades: NS-8 | 115 students
- Our mission at The Farmington Valley Academy Montessori is to offer an excellent education characterized by intellectual rigor combined with personal warmth.
- Dr. Maria Montessori's principles and the insights of other gifted educators form a broad foundation for the school`s philosophy and curriculum.
- We seek to provide an optimal environment that will serve as a culture that encourages each student to develop to his or her fullest potential across a wide range of experiences.
- We consider ourselves to have succeeded when we have fostered in each student a sense of respect for themselves and others, an inner expectation of personal responsibility, academic achievement that matches potential, and a love of learning.
- The Farmington Valley Academy Montessori offers a highly developed, scholastic curriculum based on the use of didactic materials which inspire the imagination and ignite the learning process.
- The Farmington Valley Academy Montessori is located in Avon, Connecticut and is a private educational center dedicated to providing a quality education with high academic standards in a warm loving environment We invite you to schedule a visit to our school.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||115 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is varied depending on age of student/class|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Figure Skating, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, TennisBallet, Baseball,
Figure Skating, Ice Hockey,
Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Cello, Choir, Dance, Flute, Lego, Piano, Theatre/Drama, Violin, Voice, Yoga Art, Cello, Choir, Dance, Flute, Lego, Piano, Theatre/Drama, Violin, Voice, Yoga,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West HartfordGrades: NS-9
141 N Main St
West Hartford, CT 06107
EnfieldGrades: NS-6 | 165 students
1325 Enfield St
Enfield, CT 06082
ForestvilleGrades: PK-8 | 265 students
33 Welch Dr
Forestville, CT 06010
BristolGrades: PK-8 | 109 students
154 Meadow St
Bristol, CT 06010
AvonGrades: K-8 | 62 students
324 Montevideo Rd
Avon, CT 06001
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.