- The Academy was founded in March, 1967 by a group of Woodbury citizens concerned with the declining quality of education.
- Since its inception, Flint River Academy has sought to prepare each student for college while developing "behavior consistent with and favorable to the perpetuation of a free, self-governing, and truth seeking society." The goal of the academy is to provide an atmosphere where the academically gifted student is challenged, the average student is stimulated, and the undeveloped student is understood and encouraged.
- The administration and faculty of Flint River Academy believe that the school should offer each student the opportunity to develop his mind, body, and spirit.
- Upon graduation from this institution a student should be prepared to assume the role of a responsible citizen.
- For this reason the administration and faculty support the value of a liberal arts education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Football, Softball, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Flag Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LagrangeGrades: KG-12 | 194 students
1501 Vernon Rd
Lagrange, GA 30240
SharpsburgGrades: PK-12 | 1227 students
8817 Hwy 54 West
Sharpsburg, GA 30277
LagrangeGrades: NS-12 | 331 students
1904 Hamilton Road
Lagrange, GA 30241