Grades: K-8 | 124 students
- Flushing Christian School is fully-accredited and chartered by the New York State Board of Regents.
- FCS is warm, nurturing and multi-cultural, with a focus on academic excellence and Christian discipleship.
- The purpose of Flushing Christian School is to transform this generation through sound academic education with a distinct Christian worldview.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||124 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Bernice Adams|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||American Sign Language, Eagles Volleyball boys and girls, Engineering, Film, Hand Chimes Engineering, Film, Hand Chimes, American Sign Language,
Eagles Volleyball boys and girls,
- Small class sizes allow teachers to provide individualized attention for each student. The students have opportunities for organic, hands-on learning experiences that a larger classroom setting would not offer. Many of our graduates go on to attend some of New York City s best public and private high schools: such as Bronx Science, Stuyvesant, Bard High School and Early College, to name a few. Our alumni have pursued degrees in law, in the medical field, to go on to higher education. Our students have become pastors, wall-street executives, teachers and policemen. FCS provides a solid foundation for success!
Profile last updated: 05/04/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BaysideGrades: 3-8 | 107 students
20305 32nd Avenue
Bayside, NY 11361
Cambria HeightsGrades: K-6 | 255 students
23310 Linden Blvd
Cambria Heights, NY 11411
Jackson HeightsGrades: NS-12 | 262 students
3316 79th St
Jackson Heights, NY 11372
Long Island CityGrades: PK-12 | 573 students
3921 Crescent St
Long Island City, NY 11101
Forest HillsGrades: PK-6 | 140 students
6704 Austin St
Forest Hills, NY 11375
Flushing Christian School is fully-accredited and chartered by the New York State Board of Regents. Our school is warm, nurturing, multi-cultural, and exhibits a family-like atmosphere. The small class sizes allow teachers to provide individualized attention for each student. The students have opportunities for organic, hands-on learning experiences that a larger classroom setting cannot offer. Students at Flushing Christian School are being instructed in both academic and cultural experiences. Students may participate in the band program or our volleyball and basketball teams-the FCS eagles. They may choose an elective, such as culinary class, American Sign Language, Hand Chimes, or Journalism. FCS is a wonderful place for students to learn and grow!
- Posted by Teacher - arosa
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.