Grades: K-8 | 124 students
- Flushing Christian School is fully-accredited and chartered by the New York State Board of Regents.
- FCS is warm, nurturing and multi-cultural, with a focus on academic excellence and Christian discipleship.
- The purpose of Flushing Christian School is to transform this generation through sound academic education with a distinct Christian worldview.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||124 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Bernice Adams|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||American Sign Language, Eagles Volleyball boys and girls, Engineering, Film, Hand Chimes Engineering, Film, Hand Chimes, American Sign Language,
Eagles Volleyball boys and girls,
- Small class sizes allow teachers to provide individualized attention for each student. The students have opportunities for organic, hands-on learning experiences that a larger classroom setting would not offer. Many of our graduates go on to attend some of New York City s best public and private high schools: such as Bronx Science, Stuyvesant, Bard High School and Early College, to name a few. Our alumni have pursued degrees in law, in the medical field, to go on to higher education. Our students have become pastors, wall-street executives, teachers and policemen. FCS provides a solid foundation for success!
Profile last updated: 05/04/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Forest HillsGrades: PK-6 | 180 students
6704 Austin St
Forest Hills, NY 11375
Long Island CityGrades: PK-12 | 573 students
3921 Crescent St
Long Island City, NY 11101
East ElmhurstGrades: NS-5 | 171 students
3220 108th St
East Elmhurst, NY 11369
MerrickGrades: K-8 | 118 students
1425 Merrick Ave
Merrick, NY 11566
Jackson HeightsGrades: NS-12 | 281 students
3316 79th St
Jackson Heights, NY 11372
Flushing Christian School is fully-accredited and chartered by the New York State Board of Regents. Our school is warm, nurturing, multi-cultural, and exhibits a family-like atmosphere. The small class sizes allow teachers to provide individualized attention for each student. The students have opportunities for organic, hands-on learning experiences that a larger classroom setting cannot offer. Students at Flushing Christian School are being instructed in both academic and cultural experiences. Students may participate in the band program or our volleyball and basketball teams-the FCS eagles. They may choose an elective, such as culinary class, American Sign Language, Hand Chimes, or Journalism. FCS is a wonderful place for students to learn and grow!
- Posted by Teacher - arosa
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.