- The Foundation Schools were chartered in 1975 as an independent, non-profit school for special education.
- The school's purpose is to meet the educational, social and psychological needs of students with emotional disturbance who had been unsuccessful in other educational settings.
- Foundation Schools began as a hospital-based educational program, but due to the growing need for community based psycho-educational services for young people, the Foundation Schools discontinued its hospital affiliations and since 1993 have concentrated their efforts on the development of highly specialized therapeutic day schools.
- The Foundation Schools are rooted in the Mastery Learning Philosophy where programs are designed and operated to meet the educational and clinical needs of students with emotional disturbance and their families.
- The schools operate with the philosophy that, despite negative cognitive and affective entry level behaviors, with the appropriate instructional conditions, every student can experience educational success.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LargoGrades: 2-12 | 173 students
1330 Mccormick Dr
Largo, MD 20774
BowieGrades: PK-12 | 376 students
9800 Lottsford Road
Bowie, MD 20721
LandoverGrades: PK-5 | 151 students
8500 Jericho City Dr
Landover, MD 20785
10280 Lake Arbor Way
Mitchellville, MD 20721
Capitol HeightsGrades: 2-12 | 67 students
8723 Ashwood Dr
Capitol Heights, MD 20743
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.