- The Foundation Schools were chartered in 1975 as an independent, non-profit school for special education.
- The school's purpose is to meet the educational, social and psychological needs of students with emotional disturbance who had been unsuccessful in other educational settings.
- Foundation Schools began as a hospital-based educational program, but due to the growing need for community based psycho-educational services for young people, the Foundation Schools discontinued its hospital affiliations and since 1993 have concentrated their efforts on the development of highly specialized therapeutic day schools.
- The Foundation Schools are rooted in the Mastery Learning Philosophy where programs are designed and operated to meet the educational and clinical needs of students with emotional disturbance and their families.
- The schools operate with the philosophy that, despite negative cognitive and affective entry level behaviors, with the appropriate instructional conditions, every student can experience educational success.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LargoGrades: 2-12 | 173 students
1330 Mccormick Dr
Largo, MD 20774
BowieGrades: PK-12 | 376 students
9800 Lottsford Road
Bowie, MD 20721
LandoverGrades: PK-5 | 151 students
8500 Jericho City Dr
Landover, MD 20785
10280 Lake Arbor Way
Mitchellville, MD 20721
Capitol HeightsGrades: 2-12 | 67 students
8723 Ashwood Dr
Capitol Heights, MD 20743
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.